Gripit Plus??

Old July 2nd 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default Gripit Plus??

Hi Guys,
I have the Gripit Plus Legend and wanted to get some replacement
parts but I can't get hold of anyone there! I have e-mailed several
times and trh toll free number is telling me that Lilas' mail box is not
set up. I tried the local number and it's been disconnected!!!!!!
Does anyone kow what is up with this? Their products are great and
I absolutely LOVE my Legend -- had it for over ten years now and have
used it a lot! I HOPE they are still around and not going out of
business or something like that. I would be MOST upset if that happened.
Anywhoooo -- if anyone has any info on thsi I would really
appreciate it. I did send Lilas another e-mail just now so I will be
waiting to see if she responds.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 2nd 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
BeverlyB

I can't give you any facts but they were not at last years CATs at Hershey
and the rumors floating around were that there were both health financial
issues involved in their absence. I would hesitate to rely on
unsubstantiated rumors but based on what I heard it would not surprise me if
they were in fact out of business. I hope someone else can give you more
information.

Beverly B

Old July 2nd 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Julie K. Eitze

What parts are you looking for. My husband has been finding some parts that
fit and is able to make some wood sections that are just sbout the same.
Mine is a "sit on it" type but I think the hardware is the same.

Julie in Hondo

Old July 2nd 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Julie K. Eitze

SOrry to reply to my own reply, but have you also tried the "different
Drummer" site....they have a differnt email listed for grip it.

http://www.differentdrummershop.com/index.html
Julie in Hondo

Old July 2nd 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

I'll try to remember to check from the store. IIRC, we had some difficulty
with them as well, and another customer mentioned similar issue. I don't
want to spread any rumors - but will see what I can find out through the
business to business link.

Old July 3rd 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

ellice wrote:
I'll try to remember to check from the store. IIRC, we had some difficulty
with them as well, and another customer mentioned similar issue. I don't
want to spread any rumors - but will see what I can find out through the
business to business link.

Ellice

Thanks Ellice. Going the business to business route is likely the
best and I would really appreciate any info you can get. I need a set
of the slotted top pieces. The ones I use are 18" long total. If I
can't get them from Gripit, I'll have to see if I can talk DH into
making me a new set. His wood working skills are really great but I'm
not sure he has the specific equiptment needed to make this sort of
thing. Thanks for any info :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 3rd 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Julie K. Eitze wrote:

What parts are you looking for. My husband has been finding some parts that
fit and is able to make some wood sections that are just sbout the same.
Mine is a "sit on it" type but I think the hardware is the same.

Julie in Hondo

Hi Julie -- I need a new set of the slotted wooden pieces that
attach to the top of the Gripit. These are the pieces that the side
bars fit into and you attach your scroll frame to the side bars. The
slots in the top pieces allow you to move the scroll/side bar assembly
left & right. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the
pieces is. HMMM -- I think I will go see if I can find my instructions
..... hang on for a bit. AHA -- the part I need is called the SLIDE
ADJUSTING BAR (set of 2).
The pieces have a little hole that the screw fits through for
attaching to the main body of the GripIt. The hole in one of the pieces
broke so I had DH glue it back together. Unfortunately, the area has
been under so much stress from the constant use of late that it just
doesn't want to stay glued. If I can't get a replacement set, I will
see if I can get DH to make me a new piece but I'm not sure he has the
proper tools for this.
Mine is also the Sit On It and yes, except for the sitting on parts,
it is exactly the same as the floor model. I even have the parts to
make it a "from the side" sit on it but found out early on that I didn't
like to use it. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 3rd 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Tia Mary wrote:
Julie K. Eitze wrote:

[...]

After doing a bit of research, looks like "gripit" is a side business of
the people that run the store A Different Drummer, located in
Albuquerque, NM.

Their web site gives a different address than the grip it web site.
Also different emails

http://www.differentdrummershop.com/
http://www.gripitplus.com/contact.html

however, it looks like they have the same phone #

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY