Need shagging instructions

Old January 20th 05, 03:26 PM
CNYstitcher

Sheesh, I'm a Marylander, transplanted to NY, via Panama, and I know
what "want to go with" means...lol my 4yo also knows, but we are trying
to break him of the habit of saying that instead of the entire sentence.
DH was who broke me of the habit....he was real annoying about it too
sigh.

Larisa

Bonnie wrote:
Leigh Harris wrote:

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote

In Illinois, Chicagoan's who find themselves south of I-80 are puzzled
when someone asks if they "want to go with?"

Okay, I'm a looong way south of the I-80. Any chance of explaining
what that
means?

If someone is going to the store, you might ask - want to go with? In
other words,
do you want to come along with me?

Old January 20th 05, 03:46 PM
Bonnie

CNYstitcher wrote:
Sheesh, I'm a Marylander, transplanted to NY, via Panama, and I know
what "want to go with" means...lol my 4yo also knows, but we are trying
to break him of the habit of saying that instead of the entire sentence.
DH was who broke me of the habit....he was real annoying about it too
sigh.

Larisa

Where did you live in Panama? We lived in Vista Hermosa
section of Panama City.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old January 20th 05, 03:49 PM
Pat in Virginia

This over 40 quilter is still LOL on this one!
PAT

georg wrote:

Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

"Anne" wrote in message

Gentle reminder: this is an international group and some folks speak
Brit English :-P

Read on -- I remembered when I saw my own subject line.

Giselle

She is stating in a very subtle way, I think, that since the majority of
the group is in the over 40 crowd, the general preference of the group
is try not to put anything out there that you won't mind yer mum reading.

My mum wouldn't understand the reference and would have to ask my da.
Same woman who did not understand why my birthday was so funny. (1/4/69)

A certain amout of "in yer faceness" is welcome and fresh, and I
personally love your enthusiasm. However, you are on the edge of
offending some of those with more delicate sensibilities, so be wary.
You may offend without meaning to. I think that if you do, anyone who
finds offense can always make a filter.

I have seen and personally said worse here though, and I've braved flame
groups myself. Feel free to email me for more clarification, or if you
would like to take me to task for this post.

-georg

Old January 20th 05, 05:41 PM
Sally Swindells

Nah Roast Beef (nice and rare) with Yorkshire Pud, Lots of Gravy,
Roast Potatoes, Parsnips and what ever other vegs are in season.

Followed by sticky toffee pud and custard. POP!!

Sally

On 19 Jan 2005 16:47:44 -0800, "Dee in Oz"
wrote:

Modern Roast- boneless meat, marinated and cooked on a rack.

Traditional Roast- Leg of lamb with roast potatoes, pumpkin, carrots,
parsnips. Boiled peas or beans and gravy made from pan juices.
Thats the way it was when I grew up any way.

Dee in Oz

Old January 20th 05, 10:00 PM
Shirley Shone

Lets make it a double standing rib of beef with a few potatoes roasted
round it. Fresh horseradish sauce and a selection of veg.
Not forgetting the Yorkshire pudding.

Have not got room for a pudding after that.

By the way Sally I tried to email you to say thank you for the E card
but I am afraid it bounced. The robin was delightful.
Shirley

In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old January 20th 05, 11:23 PM
Dee in Oz

I'm in Oz not the UK. In the area that I grew up in it was much more
common to have lamb that beef.

Dee in Oz

Old January 20th 05, 11:28 PM
Dee in Oz

I know that, but it's a good name to get teased with.

Dee in Oz

Old January 20th 05, 11:33 PM
georg

Dee in Oz wrote:

I know that, but it's a good name to get teased with.

Dee in Oz

Hrm. Surname Crapper, or given name of Georg as a female... I'll have to
think about which is worse...

-georg
Old January 20th 05, 11:52 PM
Dee in Oz

I would have to say given name of Georg, at least all 3 girls from that
marriage will have the chance to change their surname when/if they
marry.
Both DH and DS have first and last names that can be either.

Dee in Oz

Old January 21st 05, 12:12 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:33:09 GMT, georg wrote:

Hrm. Surname Crapper, or given name of Georg as a female... I'll have to
think about which is worse...

-georg

I went to school with a girl named Clark.

-- Jo in Scotland