What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 12th 03, 02:28 AM
The Brown Family

I think LN will be finished hers before I finish mine. I'm trying to stay
focused and not get into too many other projects, so hopefully I'll be able
to post a picture in the not too distant future.

Lorraine

"The Nielands" wrote in message
Oh, I can't wait to see it! I did Meadow Lily for my DSIL a while back,

but
her's was in blues and greens on a WOW background. Your colors sound

great!

Louise in Iowa
"The Brown Family" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
Well...I'm in the process of making one. It's from a Thimbleberries

book
and the pattern is called "Meadow Lily". The colors in it are a light

grey
marble background, plum (medium and dark), a couple of greens and

another
grey with various shades. Because I have a green carpet in my bedroom

and
plum walls and grey furniture (which I would love to change, but that's

not
happening right now), so I have to try and bring it all together.
As for LN.......hmmmmm........the jury is still out on that one!

Lorraine

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look

like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 12th 03, 02:31 AM
AliceW

Oh, I forgot, I'm using my new computer in between crashes, and I forgot
that I haven't yet set up my new siggy lines, so you wont' know what my home
page addy is - just incase you want to see "Too pink he thinks". So, it's
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Alice in NJ who is now getting her siggy set up.

"AliceW" wrote in message
Mine is my "Too pink he thinks" quilt. Pix are on my website. It's my
spring/summer quilt so far. I love it! It was made in a class at the
Quilter's Barn. I had been wait listed for this class but the night

before
the class, they called and said someone had backed out. Was I still
interested? Ok, so they gave me the pre-class instructions and the fabric
requirements, but I had no time to shop (drat) for the fabric. So I

thought
to myself - gee, I think I have some fabric stashed away here somewhere!
So, the entire quilt was made from fabrics I pulled from my shelves -
including the backing. It's a king sized quilt made from a pattern in a
magazine and is called "Prairie Stroll". I think I quoted the magazine on
my website, so look there if you just have to know.

Alice in NJ

Old September 12th 03, 02:57 AM
Ann Adamson

Will I be unmercifully kicked off the newsgroup if I admit that I have a
quilt on my bed that I bought from the evil Pottery Barn?

Hey, it's pretty and it goes with the room! It's just a bunch of 3-inch
blocks sewn together and simply quilted, but the fabrics are really pretty.

Ann

Old September 12th 03, 02:58 AM
Butterfly

yes
every morning
nice neat
easier to get into than a rumply bed
funny of the day : )
Butterfly (did I get them all right, did I, did I, did I)

Old September 12th 03, 02:59 AM
Diana Curtis

I love that song too. Since you dont want suggestions Ill keep them to
myself.. which is easy cause I dont have any at the moment.. but I sure
would love to see what you come up with!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"frood" wrote in message
news
I suppose I should answer, or at least let you know why I'm asking. I do

not
have a quilt on my bed that I made. We are currently using a vintage quilt
that I bought as a summer spread, but when the weather turns colder, we'll

the
house have at least 1 (most have 2) quilts on their beds, but I haven't

made
one for DH and I yet.

When I finish my Millennium quilt (I do have until the next millenium,
right?), that will go on our bed, but not for everyday. I'd like that to
become an heirloom, so I don't want to use it much. Eventually, I'd love a
quilt for each season, and one for Christmas. But I have to start

somewhere!
My favorite season is Fall, and my favorite song is Moondance, by Van
Morrison. I'd really love to incorporate the feeling I get when I hear

that
song into a quilt. I'll know the idea when it comes to me, but I just want
to get an idea of what other quilters have on their beds, to help kick

start
the design process. I'm not looking for suggestions from you all (it's a
very personal song to DH and I), I'm just trying to see what others do.

Old September 12th 03, 02:59 AM
AliceW

She could send it to me. I'll finish it for her and send it back to her -
sometime.

Alice - who has fabrics picked out for a green and ecru log cabin but it's
far down on the list at this point in time.

Old September 12th 03, 03:02 AM
Polly Esther

A quilt rack in the family room. What a wonderful idea. Such a great way to
show off a bit and have a hug close by. I love the idea. I have no clue what
will have to go or where it will go to do it - but I'm already looking.
Polly

Marilyn wrote in message
This is such an interesting thread Wendy. Great question.
Ummmm, I hate to admit that NO, I dont have one of my own quilts on our

bed,
I have an humungous (sp?) old comforter which is really heavy and was
purchased at an auction for about $10.00 several years before I began
quilting.
Like so many others, I have made and given away countless quilts even one

a prospective son-in-law who last year became a for real sil.....my

husband
says I bribed him with his own quilt, lol.
I have several lap quilts I keep on a rack in the family room ready for
whoever is cold watching TV or reading, or, the newest one is always ready
to become a gift if I know of someone in need of a quick quilt.
Thanks for the interesting question. Oh yes, I vote YES on LN, I feel

sure
she will finish her quilt.
Marilyn in Moravia

Old September 12th 03, 03:10 AM
Butterfly

Sometimes we do make an exception...and YOU are it : )
STAY
we NEED you
Butterfly

Old September 12th 03, 03:30 AM
frood

My brother-in-law is a wood-worker as a hobby. He's made us several things
already. Over last Christmas, I got to see a quilt rack he made for his
mother. I told him once I had made (and kept) some more quilts, I was going
to need one of those. I'll even trade him a quilt for it!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

nk.net...

Old September 12th 03, 03:32 AM
frood

I don't think so. At least, if you do get kicked off, I'll be next. Mine's a
JCPenney bed-in-a-bag comforter!