OFF TOPIC - Hey Olwyn Mary - NOLA question

Old August 10th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - Hey Olwyn Mary - NOLA question

I just finished a book set in NOLA and it described a game of beach volley
ball on the shores lake Pontchartrain.

Yes, possible or no way.....

Cheryl

Old August 10th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I just finished a book set in NOLA and it described a game of beach volley
ball on the shores lake Pontchartrain.

Yes, possible or no way.....

Cheryl

Yes indeed They have (had) a beach volleyball sand court on the south
shore. Sadly, it is now being taken over by the Corps of Engineers to
build some more hurricane protection, a form of floodgate I believe. Of
course, the volleyball players are muttering about "build it somewhere
else", but that really is the best spot.

Olwyn Mary.
Old August 11th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/10/08 4:31 PM, in article , "Olwyn
Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I just finished a book set in NOLA and it described a game of beach volley
ball on the shores lake Pontchartrain.

Yes, possible or no way.....

Cheryl

Yes indeed They have (had) a beach volleyball sand court on the south
shore. Sadly, it is now being taken over by the Corps of Engineers to
build some more hurricane protection, a form of floodgate I believe. Of
course, the volleyball players are muttering about "build it somewhere
else", but that really is the best spot.

Olwyn Mary.

OK - it just seemed "wrong", but then again, I think there were other things
that didn't ring true,

Cheryl

Old August 11th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I just finished a book set in NOLA and it described a game of beach volley
ball on the shores lake Pontchartrain.

Yes, possible or no way.....

Cheryl

Yes indeed They have (had) a beach volleyball sand court on the south
shore. Sadly, it is now being taken over by the Corps of Engineers to
build some more hurricane protection, a form of floodgate I believe. Of
course, the volleyball players are muttering about "build it somewhere
else", but that really is the best spot.

Olwyn Mary.

OK - it just seemed "wrong", but then again, I think there were other things
that didn't ring true,

Cheryl

Such as what? Or would it be easier for me to read the book and tell you?

Olwyn Mary
Old August 11th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I just finished a book set in NOLA and it described a game of beach volley
ball on the shores lake Pontchartrain.

Yes, possible or no way.....

Cheryl

Yes indeed They have (had) a beach volleyball sand court on the south
shore. Sadly, it is now being taken over by the Corps of Engineers to
build some more hurricane protection, a form of floodgate I believe. Of
course, the volleyball players are muttering about "build it somewhere
else", but that really is the best spot.

Olwyn Mary.

OK - it just seemed "wrong", but then again, I think there were other things
that didn't ring true,

Cheryl

Such as what? Or would it be easier for me to read the book and tell you?

Olwyn Mary

First - this was one of those books that was so bad that I had to keep
reading just to find out what odd jump would happen next. Characters, minor
ones, changed hair color on the same page..

It was feeling that she had never been to NOLA, but had seen it in
movies...or lifted the descriptions from someone else's book....

Cheryl