TOTALLY OT - Another fruit question

Old September 4th 05, 02:41 PM
MRH

Default TOTALLY OT - Another fruit question

Can someone please tell me what a Kumquat looks and tastes like? I just saw
a recipe with that as one of the ingredients. I have heard the name before,
but I don't think I ever actually even saw one in the grocery store... I
could have and just not noticed what it was called, I suppose.

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 4th 05, 02:54 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
Can someone please tell me what a Kumquat looks and tastes like? I just
saw a recipe with that as one of the ingredients. I have heard the name
before, but I don't think I ever actually even saw one in the grocery
store... I could have and just not noticed what it was called, I suppose.

Peace!
Gemini

Gem, I simply cannot describe them, except to say, food of the gods, and add
that loquats are even better than kumquats!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old September 4th 05, 04:00 PM
Anna MCM

MRH wrote:
Can someone please tell me what a Kumquat looks and tastes like?

A Kumquat is a little egg-shaped fruit of the same family of lemons and
oranges, about 1 inch long. You can eat it with the peel, peeling it is
almost impossible anyway.
The taste is very peculiar, you first feel the sweet of the pulp and
than the bitter of the peel. I can eat it if it's well ripen, otherwise
is too bitter for my taste.

Here you can see an image of the fruits on the plant:

http://tinylink.com/?Ohwkfhoz5d

The plants are very decorative and usually extremely generous of their
little fruits. My neighbour in Italy used to give me a lot of them :-)

Bye,

Anna Maria

Old September 4th 05, 08:47 PM
MRH

"Anna MCM" wrote in message

MRH wrote:
Can someone please tell me what a Kumquat looks and tastes like?

A Kumquat is a little egg-shaped fruit of the same family of lemons and
oranges, about 1 inch long. You can eat it with the peel, peeling it is
almost impossible anyway.
The taste is very peculiar, you first feel the sweet of the pulp and than
the bitter of the peel. I can eat it if it's well ripen, otherwise is too
bitter for my taste.

Here you can see an image of the fruits on the plant:

http://tinylink.com/?Ohwkfhoz5d

The plants are very decorative and usually extremely generous of their
little fruits. My neighbour in Italy used to give me a lot of them :-)

Bye,

Anna Maria

Thank you for the picture, Anna Maria! I guess I *have* seen them before
and just didn't pay a lot of attention to them. Hmmm... another fruit to
go on my list of things to try someday. ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 4th 05, 08:48 PM
MRH

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
Can someone please tell me what a Kumquat looks and tastes like? I just
saw a recipe with that as one of the ingredients. I have heard the name
before, but I don't think I ever actually even saw one in the grocery
store... I could have and just not noticed what it was called, I suppose.

Peace!
Gemini

Gem, I simply cannot describe them, except to say, food of the gods, and
add that loquats are even better than kumquats!
Hugs,
Noreen

Okay... sounds interesting! I'll have to add them both to my list of fruits
to try someday! )

Peace!
Gem