Colorfast Help?

Old August 6th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

Default Colorfast Help?

Someone on one of my FB boards is asking about doing an afghan; I told
her it should be fine, but if it's going to wash often she should
rinse any dark colors for colorfastness. Of course, then I promptly
forgot what that entailed....anyone feel like giving my aging memory a
kick? I seem to recall you added something to the water, or did you
just rinse it until it stopped bleeding? Drat and all that.....

TIA

Alayna
Old August 7th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 8/6/2010 5:20 PM, Lynoth wrote:
Someone on one of my FB boards is asking about doing an afghan; I told
her it should be fine, but if it's going to wash often she should
rinse any dark colors for colorfastness. Of course, then I promptly
forgot what that entailed....anyone feel like giving my aging memory a
kick? I seem to recall you added something to the water, or did you
just rinse it until it stopped bleeding? Drat and all that.....

TIA

Alayna

What fibers is she using?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old August 7th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Aug 6, 6:30*pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
On 8/6/2010 5:20 PM, Lynoth wrote:

Someone on one of my FB boards is asking about doing an afghan; I told
her it should be fine, but if it's going to wash often she should
rinse any dark colors for colorfastness. *Of course, then I promptly
forgot what that entailed....anyone feel like giving my aging memory a
kick? *I seem to recall you added something to the water, or did you
just rinse it until it stopped bleeding? *Drat and all that.....

TIA

Alayna

What fibers is she using?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

erm, presumably DMC or Anchor, she didn't mention anything special.

dmc colorfast bdiane Needlework 4 September 24th 05 05:09 PM
Makine a textile colorfast VAcrafter Yarn 5 August 21st 05 02:37 PM
redwork colorfast red BDS2pds Needlework 8 May 14th 04 02:31 PM
Redwork--colorfast red BDS2pds Needlework 0 April 21st 04 12:13 PM