ripping day

Old October 21st 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default ripping day

Shelagh , sorry you `joined` the unknitting group ,,,, maybe our luck
will change over the week end.
mirjam

"Katherine" wrote in message
roups.com...

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I am not very fond on the term frogging , it gives me an uneasy
feeling , thus i use the other ones.

I'm having one of those evenings. I've been working on the shawl for my
sister, and first I messed up one row, tried to tink it back, and have
messed up a second row. I can see I'm going to have to put in some
lifelines on this shawl. Grrrrrrr. It was going quite well for a while.

Plus - my hands are really dry and messy from working outside. I have this
ground in dirt in my right index finger, and am catching the fine yarn on my
dry fingers. (growl).

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Shelagh

Old October 21st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
klh in VA

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
at 10/22/2006 12:29 AM
and here in VA/USA it is just now after 4pm.
always special to get comments from the future!

klh in VA

AHA Katherine In Hebrew We RRRRRROLLLLL our RRRR
and our frogs say KWAH , not Ripp anyway ...and in Hebrew a Frog is
KARPADA [female] Karpad [male] .........
mirjam

How funny, Mirjam! In English, "frogging" sounds more gentle than
"ripping".

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 22nd 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
klh in VA

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Klh we are 7-9 hours BEFORE YOU
mirjam

right.
thus when you send an email to me(the group), it is coming 9 hours from now.
therefore it comes from the future. right?

two years ago when we went home to sweden by flying west, we crossed the
international date line and 'lost' a day or was it 'gained' a day.
forever, i suppose. yet we we had circled the globe and were back in
virginia, my watch had exactly the correct date and time without any
adjustment. i still don't know what happened to that day when we cross
the date line.

started taking too much mental efort so i gave up :-)

Old October 22nd 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you AUD , you are always an understanding person,
Well , last ripping worked well i found the Proper way to do those
triangles and it starts to look well , a little more and the work is
done ,,, Than i MUST finnish my son`s sweater ,,,, Ever since my Work
room is So IMMACULATE , and every work is on the wall in a special
cloth bag [i have two wall coat hangers with a stick on both ,,,, thus
many cloth bags make the room a half Labratory half a mysterious
place]. I decided for a change to try and finnish one work after the
other and not do a bit here and a bit there ,,, FOR A WHILE ,,, till i
see less bags hanging there ...
mirjam

:::::

ail.com wrote:

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Hallo Katherine , after i wrote it , as it came from my deepest
feelings i had to think about it, maybe it is a matter of this sound ,
in Hebrew Ripping sound more gentle and less Alarming than Frog .
mirjam

Rip-rip-rip-rip... is the sound you hear...when you rip..
..often it is very annoying, but after you have done it, and you start
on a "new" OK work, I ofter feel a relief! new start, problems
eliminated!
Thus: Rip-rip-rip... a nice sound !
Frog...Well, I am not an expert in English,and the word may have more
than one meaning, but I always think about a FROG, and that has nothing
with my knitting to do!LOL!
Therefore I agree with Mirjam, ripping is a nicer word to me too!
Aud ;-)

Old October 22nd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
klh in VA

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Hahahah i always enjoy this ...being on this group we have some ladies
who ARE before us and some who are after us... That is why this Ng is
open 24 hours a day for all ....
mirjam

and just maybe some who are up before you or after you are guys! :-)

guys do things with yarn, too. i came back from a 6 weeks trip where one
piece of luggage, a gym bag, only had yarn and about a third of my
suitcase volume was for the rigid heddle loom. my carryon piece had the
finished works, stoles for clergy as i could not stand the thought of
lost luggage with a finished piece missing!

[klh in va is clearly not identifying sex, as there happen to be two
more klh in va who are female;
having had two daughters there are was no junior so they both have my
initials.
hence, in family signatures of k1, k2, and k3!]

klh [M] in va
Old October 22nd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

VA wrote:

--------------060300060200060806040407

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
at 10/22/2006 12:29 AM
and here in VA/USA it is just now after 4pm.
always special to get comments from the future!

klh in VA

AHA Katherine In Hebrew We RRRRRROLLLLL our RRRR
and our frogs say KWAH , not Ripp anyway ...and in Hebrew a Frog is
KARPADA [female] Karpad [male] .........
mirjam

How funny, Mirjam! In English, "frogging" sounds more gentle than
"ripping".

Higs,
Katherine

--------------060300060200060806040407

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15"
http-equiv="Content-Type"
title/title
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br
br
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:br
at 10/22/2006 12:29 AMbr
and here in VA/USA it is just now after 4pm.br
always special to get comments from the future!br
br
klh in VAbr
br
br
blockquote " type="cite"
pre wrap=""AHA Katherine In Hebrew We RRRRRROLLLLL our RRRR
and our frogs say KWAH , not Ripp anyway ...and in Hebrew a Frog is
KARPADA [female] Karpad [male] .........
mirjam

/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""How funny, Mirjam! In English, "frogging" sounds more gentle than
"ripping".

Higs,
Katherine

/pre
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----
/pre
/blockquote
/body
/html

--------------060300060200060806040407--

Sliding rulers Boca Jan Quilting 45 May 29th 06 11:01 PM
the Night Before Xmas again poem spinninglilac Yarn 61 December 17th 05 02:57 PM
new embroidery ??? and ripping an unsuccessed one lula Needlework 0 July 22nd 04 08:41 AM
Help! Ripping out itsy-bitsy quilting stitches caitlin Quilting 30 January 13th 04 05:02 PM