It's been posted before but...

Old October 19th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carol In WI

Default It's been posted before but...

Can I get the pattern for the Harry Potter Scarf please? Thanks a bunch,
Carol In WI

Old October 19th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Carol,

Can I get the pattern for the Harry Potter Scarf please? Thanks a bunch,

Did you mean the machine knit pattern I'm hosting on my site for the
Prisoner/Goblet scarf and hat? If so, it's he

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/swch...ahatscarf.html

If you don't want it for MKing, you can always make it by hand, just
work in stocking stitch on 2 needles, or work it round on a circular
or DPNs to avoid seaming, because if your gauge is close, you'll get
the same results size wise, about 6 inches across and 6.5 feet long
when folded double and seamed. I don't have a picture of a finished
scarf yet, but I'll post it when it's available. Ends are still being
woven in right now on my scarf, as I'm having a rather busy week, but
am still testing the patterns myself.

If you want something closer to what's seen in the movies, very wide,
and extremely overly long for everyday wear IMO, check out:
http://www.atypicallyknit.com/

The gal there has hand knit versions of both the original movie scarf
styles, the even striped version, and the newer "trapped bar" version
that my friend made up her pattern for.

If you want to HK the hat on my site, work it in stocking stitch, and
for a beanie, make 20 rows of rib (the MK brim is folded up double, so
don't do 40 rows rib unless you want to fold the rib up for a watchcap
type brim), and then work the rest of the rows in stocking stitch,
following the color changes for a POA style watchcap hat. If I were
to HK the hat, I'd go for the alternate shaping directions on my site,
since I think the gradual decreases make the top gather look better.
You could do the brim like the MK version, just mark row 40 and then
kitchener them together after, or even pick up the sts from row 1
while knitting row 40 and K2 tog to form the doubled brim.

Leah
Old October 20th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
apple

Here's a pattern I've used for one....
http://knit.atypically.net/scarves/h.../pattern.shtml

jennifer

Old October 20th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Carol In WI" skrev i melding
Can I get the pattern for the Harry Potter Scarf please? Thanks a
bunch, Carol In WI

Here are a few more links.
(but the patterns I often find talked about in blos, is the one Jennifer
gave you!
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwe-wizardScarf.html

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting...rd-scarf-1.htm

http://tinyurl.com/y3r45o