My first attempt at two-stranded knitting

Old October 17th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default My first attempt at two-stranded knitting

BB wrote:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...0/DSCF0048.jpg

I'm quite excited at the possibilities!

BB

Fantastic!!!!

Dennis
Old October 17th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

BB,

What a beautiful hat! Interesting that it combines a crocheted edging
with a knit hat. I've made crocheted hats with knit ribs before, but
never the opposite!

Leah
Old October 17th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Wow....thanks again for all of the compliments! You all may have
inspired me to go for knitting the dress. If I do, I should make the
size for 36 months to give me a chance to have it done in time :P

I know the hat probably won't stay on her head very well since there
isn't much elasticity, but *everything* doesn't have to be practical,
does it?

BB
Old October 17th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gina Bull

My mom told me that when I was a bald little baby she would use tape to
stick on a hair ribbon so folks would know I was a girl. So maybe the hat
just needs a roll of double-sided tape to go with it. :-)

Kidding aside, it is *very* pretty!

Gina

Old October 18th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:47:37 GMT, BB spun a fine yarn

Wow....thanks again for all of the compliments! You all may have
inspired me to go for knitting the dress. If I do, I should make the
size for 36 months to give me a chance to have it done in time :P

I know the hat probably won't stay on her head very well since there
isn't much elasticity, but *everything* doesn't have to be practical,
does it?

BB
---

BB!
I haven't been here much, but I, too, wanted to compliment you on your
work!

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0642-0, 10/17/2006
Tested: 10/17/2006 6:46:19 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old October 18th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Monte Badger

I love it. Very pretty.

MP

Old October 18th 06, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sheena

Good luck on the tapestry, I attempted and lost intrest... too many projects
I think lol.

"Threnody" wrote in message
. ..
BB wrote:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...0/DSCF0048.jpg

I'm quite excited at the possibilities!

What a lovely little cap! Congratulations on learning a new technique.
I'm embarrassed to admit that it's taken me until now to start making
squares, i.e. granny squares. I'm completely in love with these little
things at the moment. By this time next month I'm hoping to start with
some tapestry crochet. Learning new methods and designs is one of my
greatest pleasures.

--
Threnody

Knitting speed ?? Yarn 40 August 22nd 06 09:50 PM
Marching towards fine knitting Yarn 3 July 11th 06 04:34 AM
Help with old english knitting directions Rach *in NZ* Yarn 55 April 17th 06 05:23 AM
great knitting magazines Els van Dam Yarn 5 April 26th 05 01:00 AM
My Book Report for Cactus Needles Knitting Guild!!! Slick Hippy chick Yarn 2 November 21st 03 09:23 PM