looing for synthetic alexandrite

Old February 19th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default looing for synthetic alexandrite

I am looking for synthetic Alexandrite made in a flux way
I am looking for couple of years but it is impossible to find one
It has to be made in a flux way
Any GG or someone know any information
Thanks mika sato

Old February 20th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Abrasha =E3=81=AE=E3=83=A1=E3=83=83=E3=82=BB=E3=83=BC=E3=8 2=B8:

wrote:
I am looking for synthetic Alexandrite made in a flux way
I am looking for couple of years but it is impossible to find one
It has to be made in a flux way
Any GG or someone know any information
Thanks mika sato

I don't know if you live in the US. If you do, you should have been inT=

ucson a
couple weeks ago.

If you haven't found it by next year February, come to Tucson. Make hotel
reservations well in advance, like September or October of this year. Yo=

u can
always cancel if you find your stone.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Thank you for your advice. Yes, I have been looking around in Tucson as
well.
And I have collected most of the stones except this synthetic Alex
I have been told that flux Alex is no more around in the market
I will keep on looking=20
mika

Old February 21st 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

wrote:

Carl 1 Lucky Texan =E3=81=AE=E3=83=A1=E3=83=83=E3=82=BB=E3=83=BC=E3=8 2=B8:

wrote:

I am looking for synthetic Alexandrite made in a flux way
I am looking for couple of years but it is impossible to find one
It has to be made in a flux way
Any GG or someone know any information
Thanks mika sato

Ask Grady Harris at Creative Gems. The one I cut (sold long ago) was
flux grown and purchased from him. He may still have some.

New era and others may carry it as well. Are you looking for rough or
finished gems? should be easy to find either way.

remember - you are looking for flux grown, color change chrysoberyl. Be
careful, there are many color change materials around.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Thank you, what country did you get the stone from? Russia?
I am looking for a facet
mika

It's been a long time. I'm pretty sure it was flux or possibly
Czochralski grown. Nowadyas I think Czochralski is more popular. Of
course, it's quite possible flux is still in stock somewhere as rough or
cut.
You might email through the following sites and ask about flux grown stones;
http://www.atggems.homestead.com/fil...rite_Rough.htm
http://www.morioncompany.com
http://www.creativegems.com/
http://www.gemsociety.org/WorldClass...ts_eye_374.htm

sorry if this is not helpful

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Old February 21st 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Carl 1 Lucky Texan

wrote:

Carl 1 Lucky Texan

wrote:

[...]

Thank you Carl, I will try to contact. I can obtain Czochralski made.
I was told that it stopped making stones in fllux way over the years
But thanks for the info. I will try looking as well
mika

Old February 23rd 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Hi,
have you tried at http://www.gemsdb.com ?
I found this site a couple of days back and bookmarked it , its a nice
site where any one can list there gemstones for sale.

all the best
nick

[[Moderator's note. I've allowed these two (this post and the other he sent,
since it's on topic to the thread. But readers may notice that Crescent gems,
the domain of the poster of this message, is listed as one of only two dealers
shown on the referenced site. This is an ad, not an accidental discovery of a
nice site. treat accordingly. And Nick, don't do this again.. Deceptive ad
practices make your company look, well,... figure it out. PWR]]
Old February 23rd 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

"nick" wrote in message
[...]

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Only you can get to the original posting info to source it Peter. The
header shown he
From: "nick"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.jewelry
Subject: looing for synthetic alexandrite
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:47:57 GMT
is yours and that is all that shows up on the n.g.

Many/most/a hell of a lot of people will flat refuse to do business on any
website presented this way; as "Hey Looky Looky what -I- just found". It
is not deceptive. It is a flat out lie. I don't do business with known
liars. If they lie small they will lie big.

--

Don Thompson

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

Old February 23rd 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:27:35 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Don T"
wrote:
-snip...

Only you can get to the original posting info to source it Peter. The
header shown he

....snip...
is yours and that is all that shows up on the n.g.

Many/most/a hell of a lot of people will flat refuse to do business onany
website presented this way; as "Hey Looky Looky what -I- just found".It
is not deceptive. It is a flat out lie. I don't do business with known
liars. If they lie small they will lie big.

Actually, I didn't need much of the headers. The posters "from" header, which
is still in the posting, shows him as being from Crescent gems company. The web
site referenced does not belong to Crescent gems. At least I don't thinkso. I
didn't actually check up on the site's registered owner. But he's listed on
it as one of two main dealers in the dealer listing. There may, (I didn't look)
be many more sellers carried on that site that are not in that listing. dunno.

I approved the post because the site is not, technically, the posters, atleast
I didn't think so, and I found a few features available (notably the interesting
link to a gem valuation site, which caught my fancy. don't know if it's any
good, but it caught my eye as interesting). Call it a whim. But noting that
the posters claim to have just stumbled across the site and bookmarked itdidn't
seem to ring true, as you note, was why I included the notice in one of his two
posts. I hope you agree that this was appropriate. If not, then i'm sorry.

cheers

Peter