YIPEE!! Newbie Intro!

Old June 30th 03, 10:00 PM
Carol in SLC

Default YIPEE!! Newbie Intro!

My name is Anne and I'm new to this wonderful world of beading.

Welcome!!

Carol in SLC
(My stuff - http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/driver1.jpg )
Little sister's new JB auctions 6/28
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=63875
Old June 30th 03, 10:04 PM
Virginia Lee

Hi there!

First off, I want to compliment you on your wonderful introduction.

I guess I'm somewhat of a newbie; like Shirley I rarely post, mostly
read shared information and check out items on websites, and the two
auction sites most mentioned ("Just Beads" and "eBay"). As I said, I
mostly read the various posts (likening it to: reading over others's
shoulders), haven't gotten into any "conversations" per say and know
very few of the people / personalities involved in this users' group. I
teach sixth grade full time and, therefore have very little time to
devote to this beading, although somehow or other devoting money doesn't
seem to be a challenge for me. I am in the dead middle of my summer
break and am able to scope out the postings much more than when school's
in session.

I find that much of the information which "Kathy N-V" gave you about the
users' group to be of interest to me to since I never properly
introduced my self as you have taken the time to do. So please pardon
me if I "steal" some information from you.

Good Luck!

Penny Lee

Farleyaw wrote:

Hi Beaders!
My name is Anne and I'm new to this wonderful world of beading. Like the
rest of you, I've been crafting (and making messes) for years. I've been into
fancy needlework for ages and have hung out on Rec. Crafts. Textiles.
Needlework for years. For the longest time I've wanted to learn how to bead
really neat stuff but haven't had the chance to get some good lessons. LOL - I
know how to string and knot pears and simple things but I wanna do more than
that.......I like texture and such. I had a few neat lessons these past few
weeks and now I'm hooked! For the moment I'm fascinated with looming, peyote
stitched pictures and fancy fringes. I hope to learn a lot from you folks and
maybe someday I'll be able to teach you some neat stuff too.
OK, here's my other vital statistics......I'm single with no kids, almost
40, I'm a pediatric RN (work the nightshift), I like animals and have a whole
slew of pets (3 cats, 1 dog, 1 loudmouthed cockatoo, 7 fish, 1 horse, and 1
tiny pony), I also like to read and garden (I grow spectacular weeds!).
If anybody has any neat websites, resources, book recommendations, etc.
please send them my way.

Anne

Old June 30th 03, 11:01 PM
Virginia Lee

Thanks for the information you sent Anne; I am going to "steal" the info
since my knowledge of the group is fairly limited.

I also appreciated the reminder that you tacked on regarding the
endurance of posts on users' groups. I did not realize that as many
probably did not.

Thanks, again.

A newbie, of sorts,

Penny Lee

Kathy N-V wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:29:10 -0400, Farleyaw wrote
(in message ):

[...]

Welcome, welcome, welcome! (And a welcome to the other Newbies who I might
have missed recently) Glad to have another addict, ahem, I mean beader in
the group.

OK, here's my other vital statistics......I'm single with no kids,
almost
40, I'm a pediatric RN (work the nightshift),

Very cool. I'm also 40, two kids (one homemade kid, one part time kid -
stick around and you'll understand, it's a long story) and before I became
disabled was a computer programmer.

I like animals and have a whole
slew of pets (3 cats, 1 dog, 1 loudmouthed cockatoo, 7 fish, 1 horse, and 1
tiny pony),

I feel like I'm in the minority with "only" one pet, Sophie the Wonder Dog.
How tiny is the pony? Like one of those minature ones that are the size of
collies? Can you pick up the pony? Does the bird swear? In foreign
languages? (If I ever had a bird, I'd probably teach it to say "Arrrr" like
a pirate and swear in many languages. Yes, I'm bad)

I also like to read and garden (I grow spectacular weeds!).
If anybody has any neat websites, resources, book recommendations, etc.
please send them my way.

Okay, you're going to get my reusable welcome message:

Here is the page you want: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm

This is our own incredible Sooz's List of Links. Get a drink, pack a lunch
and use the bathroom before sitting in a comfy chair and starting. Going
through this list is going to take a Looooong time. If you come across a
dead link, ignore it -- Sooz has a real life besides managing this page (and
she's a newlywed - hubba, hubba). The page is a labor of love and a constant
work in progress. It will give you more ideas and things to try than you
could possibly imagine.

Then, if you have questions, want to show off your work, or just join in the
general madness, speak up. Our only rules are to post "AD:" in the heading
if it's an Ad, and post "OT:" in the heading if it's off-topic. I'd like to
make a rule that we should have fun and be respectful toward one another, but
Usenet is a self-policing place (read: anarchy), and I can only control my
reactions, not what other people write.

Oh yes, and this is a reminder for everyone: please remember that whatever
you post on Usenet _never_ goes away. There are computers all over the world
that archive every Usenet post ever written (even with X-no archive). So, if
there's something you want to write that you don't want a future spouse, boss
or your mother finding out, or something that would embarrass you if it were
on a billboard, think twice about posting. Someone, somewhere can find out
everything you've ever posted. Really. I used to do this before hiring
people, on a routine basis. It's amazing the things people would post about
themselves, and in a couple of cases, it kept me from making a bad hiring
decision.

Kathy N-V

Obligatory Bead Reference: I'm feeling well enough to bead right now, so I
am going to make something scrumptious tonight. I have some gold dipped
black coral and a Pati Walton lampwork bead I've been carrying around for
some time. Watch for the posting -- you guys are going to be amazed when you
see this thing.

Old June 30th 03, 11:45 PM
Deirdre S.

Greetings, Penny ... and Anne. Welcome to the monkey house.

Deirdre

Old July 1st 03, 12:59 AM
Diana Curtis

welcome to the group!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 1st 03, 01:34 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Welcome Anne & Penney (and anyone else I've missed in addlebrainedness).

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old July 1st 03, 03:32 PM
Diana Curtis

Me too!
Its cruel to tease us like this.
But then, just coming here every day, following links is exquisite torture.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
My mouth is watering already.

Deirdre

Old July 1st 03, 09:40 PM
Dr. Sooz

I've been crafting (and making messes) for years.

Haw haw haw! Yup. :-D
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 2nd 03, 03:26 PM
mkahogan

Welcome, Anne. Or should I call you Dr. Dolittle?? LOL Thats quite a
menagrie.
It seems like fiber arts and beadwork go together as interests. I think
it's the common love of texture, pattern and color.
Pediatric RN; that has to be both a joyous and a heartbreaking job.

Glad you are here.
KathyH