Burnt Out

Old March 18th 04, 04:44 PM
Harry

Default Burnt Out

If I were in this situation I would:
1. Do what would make me happy first.
2. Make something that I would consider to be fun.
3. Do what would make me happy!
So I guess my advice would be: Do what you would have fun doing and make yourself happy.

Harry

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:26:36 -0500, Kathy N-V wrote:

As you guys know, I have made several versions of my Egyptian cuff bracelet,
including one in Delicas that looks like Hell. I ended up buying 24K Delicas
to replace the copper ones, and am all set to embark on making yet another
cuff bracelet (this makes four, I think).

Only one problem: I don't feel like it. I am just ****ed off that I've made
four of essentially the same thing, and I have to do yet another one for it
to be right. I keep looking at all those Delicas and calling them foul
names.
Now, this project is supposed to be a labor of love, and I have less than no
love for it at all right now. I bought some incredible black velvet to start
on the Greenland Netted Collar, but I haven't charted it out, and am still
doing a bit of reasearch (meaning: it's not ready to start beading yet)

So, I think I'm going to take a wee vacation from this project. I've found
that when I try to force my muse, she gets back at me by tangling thread,
poking me with beading needles and enticing Sophie to jump in my lamp and get
beads all over the room.

I've been wanting to make a beaded RAW chain that was in Beadwork several
months ago. I think I'll play with that for a while and see if I feel
better. If not, I got some cute little muslin dolls for a buck apiece, and I
could make my own Beaded Gremlin. Or another beady snake, since my niece
took my last one. Or all three, I just can't decide.

Kathy N-V

Old March 18th 04, 05:39 PM
Lee S. Billings

In article ,
says...

[...]

I think this is probably a good idea. In a little while you'll most likely feel
like going back to it -- but boy, do I sympathize with the frustration of doing
something multiple times and *still* not having it come out right!

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old March 18th 04, 06:10 PM
starlia

I have to agree with Harry on the solution. Take a break and have some fun.
I would be frustrated too.

When I was learning peyote I was so disgusted with the starts of all my
projects that they are just sitting where I left them. Then I switch the
kind of beads I was using and it just clicked. Everything went well and I
love the new project. Sometimes it just takes a break to get back on track.

What are you doing with your other three bracelets?

Old March 18th 04, 08:02 PM
meijhana

stamps foot

No, Kathy! You are *NOT* allowed to do what makes you happy. We don't care
that you are getting angry over making the same thing over and over. If you
made it right the first time...

Don't you know that there are millions of people on this board that are
hanging on your every word over making these??? We *need* our daily fix
over what you are making, and your trials and tribulations...

You *must* go back to making it. Now!

mary

(who *hopes* that you saw the sarcasm in the aforementioned rant, and luvs
you to death, and hopes that you take the time to make what *you* want, and
if you never make another egyptian collar, then it's fine, cuz that is what
*you* want to do...and have fun with the muslin dolls and the beaded snake.
Why not make a beaded stripper muslin doll with the beaded snake, since you
were all up in arms over the full-length gloves...you could even include the
gloves!!!)

--
"Today is not the beginning of what's to come...
It's a new beginning to what already is."

HandcraftedJewelry.com
http://snipurl.com/45w5
check out my store!
.com...

Old March 19th 04, 06:35 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Sometimes, it's good to take a break on a project. Come back to if later
when your're fresh.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old March 19th 04, 08:24 AM
Cheryl

]boy, do I sympathize with the frustration of doing

]something multiple times and *still* not having it come out right!

seconded!

thirded.... LOL
Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!