I'm ba-a-a-a-ck!! (Polyclay discussion groups?)

Old September 13th 03, 04:26 PM
Sherry Bailey

Default I'm ba-a-a-a-ck!! (Polyclay discussion groups?)

Only those who have been in this group for a VERY long time will
remember me, but here I am again!

I am teaching a workshop on polymer clay in the public library where I
now work, and I suddenly realized that I forgot to list polymer clay
discussion groups in my handout for my students, all of whom I hope to
hook into becoming serious clay junkies!!!

I have been sort of out of the loop for an embarrassingly long time
now, and I don't even know of the various discussion groups (apart
from this one, of course) where people are talking about clay these
days. I know there is one on Delphi through PCC but I'm not altogether
sure how you sign up. I think there is one on Yahoo, but maybe that is
more of a "presumption" than actual knowledge. And I seem to think
there is at least one other moderated group that I tried to get into
but never was cleared for entry into for some reason, so I forgot
about it.

Can anybody help me quickly get a list together? (I will be happy to
post my finished handout for anybody who wants to use the data, not
that it's all that marvelous or anything.)

Please e-mail me at and I will also check back
here for replies. (My workshop is the 19th, so I don't have much time,
especially since I actually do have other work to do on this job!!)
(Which those of you old-timer enough to remember me may remember was
NOT true on my last one!!)

Hope you are all thriving and having a great time with clay!

Sherry Bailey
Old September 13th 03, 04:52 PM
Sjpolyclay

Sherry m'dear!!! How lovely to see you here again!!!!!!

I'm so glad the new job is working out--been thinking about you lately as its
been a WHILE!!

There's some links on my site to some of the groups--
http://www.polyclay.com/links.htm

including this newsgroups and PCC over at www.polymerclaycentral.com and at
delphiforums.com There's a PC jewelry forum there too.

hugs to {{{{{{{{{{{SHERRY!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!!!!! and welcome back, you've
been missed!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old September 14th 03, 12:00 AM
Diana Curtis

Hi Sherry!
Welcome back!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
om...

Old September 14th 03, 08:17 PM
PoRRo

Sherry !!!!

It has been ages... Nice to see the earth did not suck you in and you still
are claying !!! So happy to hear an old voice.

There is one delphi forum called polymer clay jewellery at
http://forums.delphiforums.com/PCJewelry/start

And also I recently herited an old polymerclay related group called
polymerclay beads and jewelry. The polymerclay beads and jewelry list is
found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pcbj/
The new email addresses for the group is

Very very large welcome back !!!

--
PöRRö
***********************************

Old September 15th 03, 06:32 AM
caneguru

Welcome back, Sherry! Missed you at R'dale 2003. Hopefully see you at
the next one.

Linda G.
http://www.puffinalia.com

Old September 15th 03, 07:19 PM
Sherry Bailey

caneguru wrote in message ...
Welcome back, Sherry! Missed you at R'dale 2003. Hopefully see you at
the next one.

Linda G.
http://www.puffinalia.com

Hi, Linda (and the rest of you!)

No, couldn't make Ravensdale, darn it -- too new on the job. Didn't
have enough vacation accrued, the week conflicted with one my boss
wanted off (touchy --we couldn't BOTH be gone), and then there was the
money issue! (Expensive to fly from New England, and then there is
the fact that I HAVE to Buy Stuff when I attend an event!!!) I am
planning on the National Guild conference next year, though, if
everything goes all right!

Now I am here and trying to figure out PolymerclayPeople on Yahoo, as
well, I expect inspiration enough to get me off my butt and back into
the wonderful world of polymer! (Not that I completely left, you
understand, just fell to an embarrasing level of non-production!)

But can't talk at work -- too much to do!

See you all around!

Sherry Bailey
Old September 18th 03, 08:18 PM
DianeGlassAttic

Hi Sherry!

Glad to see you're back in the saddle :-)... hope your class goes really well.

I think previous posters have mentioned most of the larger online groups, but
you may be interested in the huge list I have on this page of my website:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/groups--online2.htm
(it also includes descriptions and contact info, as well as a bunch of Yahoo
info and warnings...)

(The specifically sculpting related groups are mostly on this page:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/sculpture.htm )

HTH,

Diane B.
http://glassattic.com --polymer clay "encyclopedia"