Fingernails

Old March 21st 04, 10:31 AM
mel7474

Default Fingernails

Hi all
I would LOVE to learn how to do realistic finger nails on my fantasy dolls.
Has anyone got or know of a tutorial for this ??

Thanks
Mel.

---
Old March 21st 04, 05:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Are you making your whole doll out of polymer clay? Are they cloth dolls?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 21st 04, 06:06 PM
mel7474

oops sorry lol
They are made from polymer clay

Mel.

Old March 21st 04, 09:47 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats ok.
How about sculpting them from translucent clay, curing them first, then
installing them into the fingers? Ive never tried this but it sounds like it
could work.
Diana

Old March 23rd 04, 04:34 AM
Diana Curtis

Let us know how it works, please? I'm wondering if it would be possible to
cane them to have the whiter tip, or to use colors to simulate painted
nails.
Thanks,
Diana

Old April 14th 04, 12:55 AM
Lukabara

Hi,
I don't know if you're still looking for options on this, but I noticed a
tool
just for making fingernails (is there a tool for *every*thing???) I believe
it was found at: http://www.clayalley.com/armature.htm Yup! In two
sizes!
Hope that helps! :-)
~lisa R.