OK, it's confession time.

Old August 21st 05, 02:53 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Default OK, it's confession time.

I know what some of you guys are making and what some of you are planning to
make. Now I want to know, if/or how many UFO's (un-finished objects) you
have. Just because I'm sadistic and feel like having a giggle!

I'll start. I have a free form peyote bracelet in muted shades of blues,
pinks and browns with a Paulette focal that is about one third finished.
It's sat on the shelf all winter. I have partly painted with a trompe loeil
garden scene one of a pair of bedside cabinets. The other one is still raw
mdf. Two unfinished paintings on the go. A jacket that I've been making
for Brook for about two years (thankfully it was a warm winter here, phew,
so until next winter I'm off the hook for that one). A set of kitchen
chairs which I have partly re-upholstered. Not to mention a fabric stash
most of which I was supposed to make up in the past few months.

I think my problem is that I sleep too much. No one needs more than an hour
or two a day, right?

Next...

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old August 21st 05, 03:12 AM
Dawn >^..^

Okay, I have a pile of beads set aside to make bracelets out of that I
haven't gotten around to in months. I have bottle stoppers and letter
openers and magnifying glasses that I need to make beads for and assemble. I
have a 3 pound bag of polymer clay hearts that need to be sanded and
polished. And last but not least, I have a counted cross stitch of Noah's
Ark that I started when I found out my sister was pregnant....my nephew Cody
just turned 8 years old in April!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
news

Old August 21st 05, 03:31 AM
Georgia

I refuse to feel guilty about unfinished projects. I'm in the middle of
knitting 3 things right now; been working on 1 of them (obviously not much!)
since it was cold out. If beads waiting around for me to do something with
them count as unfinished projects, then I have WAY too many to count.
Wouldn't you feel a terrible sense of loss if you finished up all your
projects?

Georgia

Old August 21st 05, 03:52 AM
Polly S.

Georgia wrote:
I refuse to feel guilty about unfinished projects. I'm in the middle of
knitting 3 things right now; been working on 1 of them (obviously not much!)
since it was cold out. If beads waiting around for me to do something with
them count as unfinished projects, then I have WAY too many to count.
Wouldn't you feel a terrible sense of loss if you finished up all your
projects?

I couldn't count or list all the UFOs!!! I can barely count all the
different *types* of UFOs!!!

But I cannot imagine having 'none'... I would be lost!!!

--
Polly
Old August 21st 05, 07:14 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I never really thought about it, but you know what? I probably would feel
lost. Why else do I line up so many projects? If I can't sleep at night I
will often turn my thoughts from something unpleasant to my beads or the
notions and trim I might need for a new garment or the next stage of a
project in progress. I think you are right Georgia. I would be lost.

"Georgia" wrote in message
I refuse to feel guilty about unfinished projects. I'm in the middle of
knitting 3 things right now; been working on 1 of them (obviously not

much!)
since it was cold out. If beads waiting around for me to do something with
them count as unfinished projects, then I have WAY too many to count.
Wouldn't you feel a terrible sense of loss if you finished up all your
projects?

Georgia

"Marisa Cappetta" wrote in

message
news

Old August 21st 05, 07:41 AM
melinda

Marisa Cappetta wrote:
[...]

1 half made patchwork jumper for DS, a long sleeve T-shirt repair for DS.
2 quilts 1 is for DH. I was given a bra and belt set that I want to remake
in a different colour need to get the stuff for that one, guess you could
call it a long term project. I've had a x-stitch on the go for several
years, it's only small but still not finished. There's a number of items
in a repair pile, the ironing mountain, another item that just needs
elastic for it to be finished that's been around for a while. The only
thing that I have been working on the last few days is a knitted scarf for
DS in Patons 'Powder Puff', feels wonderful he picked out a rather bright
orangey red! I have at least made one item from each of the different
fabrics I've bought in the last few months, won't be long before I'll have
to get new stuff to make new clothes for DS for spring/summer at least his
clothes are quick to make.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 21st 05, 03:21 PM
Sarajane Helm

there's too many to count, as Polly said too many KINDS of UFO's to
count...two quilts, several necklaces, a couple of books...thats just one
corner.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old August 21st 05, 06:20 PM
Carla

Heh, my *life* is UFO's

Okay, there's a drawer full of old jewelry in various stages of
dismantling, to use the parts in other stuff. Five or six freeform
peyote bracelets, a pie dish full of unbaked clay, several dozen clay
bead sets to turn into...whatever, batting and one piece of fabric for a
rag-top quilt, a back and one sleeve for a sweater I'm knitting (been
working on that for over a year; gotta finish by Christmas), more
unpacking/organizing, and the never-ending project - converting over 300
video tapes to dvd.

Sleep, what's that?

Cheers,
Carla

Old August 21st 05, 08:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

Marisa asked:
"Now I want to know, if/or how many UFO's (un-finished objects) you
have."
~~~~~~~~
=8-O

Old August 21st 05, 09:49 PM

I almost hate to admit this, but I can beat all of you in the
unfinished needlework category. I have a Siamese needlepoint picture
which I started when I was pregnant with my son who is now almost 23!!
Guess that one is not going to get finished, lol.
Beadwise, I have an unfinished necklace made out of a set of lampwork
beads separated by a braided stitch. To be fair, this is someone else's
project which she gave me to finish. I have great hopes for this one
since I haven't had it that long.
I, too, have beads set out for bracelets to be made for a craft fair
I'm doing on September 10th, these I have an excuse for, I'm waiting
for the crimp beads I ordered to be delivered. I held off on making
bracelets for years, now they are my favorite thing to make, so these
will get finished.
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations vicky Yarn 5 October 12th 04 07:30 AM
OT (sorta): Time to myself but sad... Allaya Diep Yarn 43 May 5th 04 04:08 PM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM