after market thread cutter

Old January 21st 05, 12:55 AM

Default after market thread cutter

I just bought my daughter an old Singer- and sorry, since I'm not a
collector I dont' know what one it is, but it runs well, but LOUDLY!
My older daughter has a Hobby model Pfaff- a made for Pfaff from about
5 years ago. My Pfaff has a thread cutter on it that I really like-
and I would love to get something to stick on the back of each of
theirs to cut the threads. It would serve the purpose of getting the
thread back far enough so they don't keep accidentally unthreading
their machines as well as cut the threads.

any ideas?

--
Kate, http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!) Nothing is more

Old January 21st 05, 04:44 AM
Jon and Sandy Petersen

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought my daughter an old Singer- and sorry, since I'm not a
collector I dont' know what one it is, but it runs well, but LOUDLY!
My older daughter has a Hobby model Pfaff- a made for Pfaff from about
5 years ago. My Pfaff has a thread cutter on it that I really like-
and I would love to get something to stick on the back of each of
theirs to cut the threads. It would serve the purpose of getting the
thread back far enough so they don't keep accidentally unthreading
their machines as well as cut the threads.

any ideas?

--
Kate, http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!) Nothing is more
conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all. ~
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Looking for a thinking moms list? see

Take a look at Nancy's notions. She has one that attaches to the machine
and is only 3.99. Here is the link:
http://www.nancysnotions.com/Nancys/...AC414807727CA6

Sandy

Old January 21st 05, 06:21 PM

that would be ideal, wouldn't it? but they're pretty young and trying
to remember *everything* can get confusing for them and then they get
frustrated and then they can't think!

thanks for the Nancy's Notions reminder Sandy. I used to get their
paper catalog but haven't seen one in a long time.

Old January 21st 05, 06:58 PM

thanks for the Nancy's Notions reminder Sandy. I used to get their
paper catalog but haven't seen one in a long time.

Their web site is just as satisfying as their paper catalog *best
innocent look*
Old January 22nd 05, 01:05 AM

hi Kay, thanks. I brought the machine to a friend who has a
collection which includes that model and she says hers is the same.
She's skillled at servicing her machines so I assume she knows what
she's doing. the machine had been serviced a fairly short time before
I bought it and she checked it over for me after I bought it.