Montpelier Needle Art 2010 Results

Old July 18th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default Montpelier Needle Art 2010 Results

First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Old July 19th 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Donna wrote:
First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Congrats and "way to go" to all of you. Even though it was entered
without your knowledge, Donna!!
I would dearly love, just once on my lifetime, to go to a really good show!!

Gillian
Old July 19th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Donna" wrote in message
First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Thanks for the update. Congratulations to both of you on your awards.

Lucille

Old July 19th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/18/2010 6:12 PM, Donna wrote:
First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Donna --

THANK YOU for posting the results! Two more weeks of wondering would
have killed me! (I wasn't planning to go until the closing day...save on
the admission ticket, since I paid to enter the piece instead!)
(And thanks again to members who encouraged me to enter it!)

And congrats on your award. I saw such a piece when I was entering my
piece, being entered by the framer. Was that yours?

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 19th 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jul 18, 5:12*pm, Donna wrote:
First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

WooHoo! Congrats...must be a *great* feeling at such a big show!

Joan
Old July 20th 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jul 19, 7:40*am, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:12:26 -0700 (PDT), Donna
wrote:

First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka *and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Well done Sue and Donna are you going to put the gingko leaf triptych
up on rctnp ? * I would love to see that.

I'll have to see if Sara Leigh has a good photo of it. I'm happy that
she refrained from calling it "It Is What It Is" which is how we came
to refer to this project. LOL

Donna in Virginia
Old July 21st 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jul 20, 1:28*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/18/10 6:12 PM, in article
, "Donna"

wrote:
First, a big round of applause to Sue whose "And A Forest Grew" won
Honorable Mention in the 2010 Special Garden Award.

Sue, your piece is lovely. First place in this category went to John
Kazmaier.

Judges Choice Awards went to Erica Brefka *and Kathy Raines.

And the Grand Champion was Julie Burrow with a stunning over one
piece. These are the big winners! If any one else needs to know more,
ask and I'll check the program.

The show this year has 159 pieces displayed. And I love how you can
get close up with the majority of them.

I've got an honorable mention in blackwork piece, too. This was a
collaborative piece and I didn't realize my partner in this crime was
entering it. Too funny. It's a gingko leaf triptych in case anyone
else is going to the show.

Donna in Virginia

Wow's and congrats all the way around. Any way to see any of these?

Cheryl

Not that I am aware of, Cheryl.

Donna in Virginia
Old July 21st 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 7/18/10 8:35 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

[...]

Congrats, Sue. John Kazmeier seems to always be the one with big ribbons in
the samplers - he's a fabulous stitcher. Montpelier didn't give you free
entry ticket as someone who was showing? I'm surprised - most of the shows
provide a free admission if you've entered a piece - maybe you could ask.

And congrats on your award. I saw such a piece when I was entering my
piece, being entered by the framer. Was that yours?

sue

I think it's the piece that they also entered at Woodlawn this year.

Ellice

Old July 31st 10, 12:21 PM
Tara Tara is offline
Junior Member

Ellice,

Montpelier Needlearts keeps a list of exhibitor names at the front door. Exhibitors can come and see the show as many times as they want for free. There is no ticket since it is not a "one time deal" which is practiced at Woodlawn.

The person who organizes the show is a stitcher and designer herself and she has made the show Very stitcher friendly. Panels were bought so that people can see the needlework up close. The only thing the show does not have are independently locked cases, therefore those items requiring a case are put in the archeology artifacts case of Montpelier mansion.

I hope people will submit more to this show. Complaints people often bring up about Woodlawn (e.g. cost to enter pieces, cost to see the show, ability to look at items up close) are eliminated here.

I submit entries to both shows because I want to support such items continuing in my area.

And if I get a ribbon (which I did this time at Montpelier!), it is always a nice bonus.

2010 Olympics shhdesigns Quilting 34 March 5th 10 05:50 AM
Stitching plans for 2010 Cheryl Isaak Needlework 9 January 16th 10 09:15 PM
Ultra-Punch Needle for the Art of Punch Embroidery Terriel Marketplace 0 December 18th 04 09:25 PM
Ultra-Punch Needle for the Art of Punch Embroidery Terriel Marketplace 0 April 12th 04 02:32 AM
The Art of Punch Embroidery made easy w/Ultra-Punch Needle Terriel Marketplace 0 February 28th 04 12:22 AM