OT New CAt Baby Update

Old January 22nd 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default OT New CAt Baby Update

Hi Guys,
Well, things seem a bit better of late with the two new cat babies.
Bunnie (the Bodacious Miss B Chunkybutt Cat) has settled right in. She
has only had one loud hissing match with Cassie (Baby Cat) who is the
true ruler of the domain -- LOL! Bunnie runs around as if she's a
kitten even though she is about three and had kittens in March 2008! She
loves all of the toys and having two sets of stairs to run up and down.
It looks as if she has already lost a bit of weight, too! She has
found the bar stools that I keep next to the kitchen windows that look
out onto the backyard and you can find her asleep on one of them
whenever I am in the Family Room watching the telly and doing my
needlework. She also likes to come into the Family Room and sit on the
hearth, especially in the evening when it's cold out and I have a nice
fire blazing. The best thing is that I caught her and IvyJane (The
Stealth Garbanzo Brain Kitty) playing together the other day!!!
Ivy Jane is settling back down after last weekends trauma of having
me actually lay hands on her when she felt trapped under my small
storage bench. She's out and about and I see her several times a day
but make sure I don't talk to her or make eye contact. She was actually
here in the computer room with me one afternoon playing with one of the
catnip toys I have left throughout the house!!!! Right here in the very
same room. I made sure that I watched her out of the corner of my eye
and didn't move around or anything -- LOLOL! I have discovered that
whenever there is an argument between Bunnie & Cassie, IvyJane will poop
in the dining room on the Oriental carpet -- VBS!!! What is it about
wool rugs that attracts cats?!?!?!? Thankfully, she'll still come
upstairs to tinkle so I don't have *that* mess to clean up.
I caught the two dingbat cats playing the other day. Bunnie would
chase IvyJane from dining room to formal living room and then IvyJane
would chase Bunnie back into the dining room. I did have to speak
harshly to both of them about jumping up on the antique curio cabinet
and the other furniture in those rooms.
I also caught the two of them being "bookends" early this week. I
have two shuttered floor to ceiling windows in the dining room. A
dining room table arm chairs sits in front of each window and some of my
Hawaiian Hula accessories sits on each chair. Well, I found Bunnie
asleep on one chair and IvyJane asleep on the other chair and all of my
Hawaiian stuff just about on the floor -- LOLOL! I haven't found the
cats on the chairs again but I did take my Hula accessories off the
chair and set them on the table for safe keeping!
IvyJane does sneak up into the Jack & Jill bathroom to eat some of
Bunnies Fat Cat Diet food. I have rearranged things so that if she does
this again when I am in the computer room, I can quickly close the door
to the bathroom and keep her inside. I will then go around to the door
into the bath from the guest bedroom and get into the larger bath area
that way. Hopefully, that would give IvyJane enough room so that she
didn't panic and I might finally get to actually lay hands on her and
give her a brushing! With her longish fur, she really needs to be
brushed regularly. Also, If I could get her corralled this way, I could
get her into one of the pet carriers and get her to the vet to have her
current shots, etc. I know once she settles down a bit, this will be
easier so let's pray that doesn't take too long. I worry about my
babies if they are not current on their shots and haven't been to see MY
Baby Dr.
Our Baby Dr. is Dr. Pam and she is a sweetheart. She's had to send
three of my Babies to the Rainbow Bridge and never gotten to meet a new
baby until now! She was so happy to meet Bunnie and gave me a big hug
to congratulate me on having a new kitty :-) . I showed her the photo
of IvyJane and she was impressed by her pretty face and can't wait to
meet her.
So all is relatively peaceful here for now. Poor ol' Cassie (Baby
Cat) is getting over the trauma of having TWO interlopers in her quiet
home. Now that Bunnie is playing with IvyJane, I think she's less
interested in pestering Cassie about who gets to be Queen Kitty Bee. The
playing is helping IvyJane become more settled and accustomed to her new
"digs". I'm just happy that no one is arguing at 2:30 AM and waking me
up out of a sound sleep -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old January 22nd 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Ah - TiaMary, that did my heart good. Glad they're all settling in

Cheryl

Old January 23rd 09, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Yup it's right up there in print for all to see, **Tia Mary** spoke harshly
to a cat.
Can the end of the world be that far off?? LOL

To get your cat into a pet carrier;
Put pet carrier in a quiet place with the door open.
Tie a feline toy laced with catnip to a long, long cord.
Pass one end of cord through the pet carrier door and
out the back window.
When feline attacks the catnip, pull cord slowly until the
catnip and the following cat are inside the pet carrier.
Slam pet carrier door shut and head for the Vet's office.

If that doen't work you have a cat with more brains
than most and you will have to go to plan (B)!G

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old January 23rd 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Fred wrote:
...snipped..... To get your cat into a pet carrier;
Put pet carrier in a quiet place with the door open.
Tie a feline toy laced with catnip to a long, long cord.
Pass one end of cord through the pet carrier door and
out the back window.
When feline attacks the catnip, pull cord slowly until the
catnip and the following cat are inside the pet carrier.
Slam pet carrier door shut and head for the Vet's office.

If that doen't work you have a cat with more brains
than most and you will have to go to plan (B)!G

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

I have always had to put my cats into the carrier butt end first!
Even Bunnie recognized the carrier for what it is -- LOL! I set the
carrier on its closed end with the door open and facing up. then I pick
up the cat and force it, tail first, into the carrier and then close the
door *very* quickly.
After living with me since 1997, Cassie (Baby Cat) KNOWS what that
carrier means and refuses to go into it voluntarily. I have even tried
putting kitty treats inside and she still wouldn't go inside. No catnip
mouse would tempt her, that wily old lady cat :-). Bunny let me put her
in butt end first but who knows what will happen when I finally get hold
of IvyJane and try to get her inside!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old January 23rd 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/22/09 7:15 AM, "Tia Mary" wrote:

Hi Guys,
Well, things seem a bit better of late with the two new cat babies.
Bunnie (the Bodacious Miss B Chunkybutt Cat) has settled right in. She

*snipping the details*

Sounds good - glad to hear you're having such a fun time with the new family
additions. I can imagine the fun. We've got enough with Puckster
discovering new places to leave white fur! Lately, he's really been
workingon his learning to talk thing - making noises that sound distinctly
un-dog like - more purring, but much deeper. DH is convinced he's trying
really hard to speak human.

Well, he's now participating in the normal dog activity of sleeping &
doorway blocking - err, guarding - while mom oversees laundry and plays in
the office.

Ellice

Old January 23rd 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Marion Bowles[_2_]

In article ,
Tia Mary wrote:

I have always had to put my cats into the carrier butt end first!
Even Bunnie recognized the carrier for what it is -- LOL! I set the
carrier on its closed end with the door open and facing up. then I pick
up the cat and force it, tail first, into the carrier and then close the
door *very* quickly.
After living with me since 1997, Cassie (Baby Cat) KNOWS what that
carrier means and refuses to go into it voluntarily. I have even tried
putting kitty treats inside and she still wouldn't go inside. No catnip
mouse would tempt her, that wily old lady cat :-). Bunny let me put her
in butt end first but who knows what will happen when I finally get hold
of IvyJane and try to get her inside!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

We found that letting the pet rat be in the carrier for 15 mins, then
removing it and putting in the cat often worked, with the cat/ rat
combinations which were not friends (some got on very well under
supervision)

Marion in Nitten
Old January 26th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

Dogs sleep in doorways so they won't miss out on anything. Their favourite
is usually the kitchen door, next is the doorway leading to the garage or
driveway. It is quite common for dogs to leave the kitchen doorway and head
for the front door a few minutes before the kids or master of the house gets
home. Cats could care less, are too stupid or haven't the brains to be able
to tell time.

Old January 26th 09, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Fred wrote:
Dogs sleep in doorways so they won't miss out on anything. Their favourite
is usually the kitchen door, next is the doorway leading to the garage or
driveway. It is quite common for dogs to leave the kitchen doorway and head
for the front door a few minutes before the kids or master of the house gets
home. Cats could care less, are too stupid or haven't the brains to be able
to tell time.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

Cats, quite often, could care less -- just depends on how they are
"socialized". I had one kitty (Patches [Paddy-Waddy Fat Cat], a tortie
point HImalayan) who would go sit at the back door several minutes
before I got home -- just like dogs often do. She could somehow "catch
my vibe" and knew I was almost home and would greet MOI. You should
know better than to say cats are too stupid or haven't the brains!!!
They are just much choosier than dogs about the people the like. Don't
forget the old adage "Dogs come when you call them, Cats take a message
and get back to you when they are ready" :-))). CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old January 26th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/25/09 10:57 PM, "Fred" wrote:

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

I'm quite aware of the need for the dog to be able to "see" what's going on.
Always have made sure that even if gated they can see outside - somehow.
With this dog, he also likes to be "in touch" and will often position
himself so that he has somehow, some part touching both DH & I. Which is
pretty fun when we're sitting on opposite ends of a couch. With the lofted
gallery in this house, he'll go sleep/sit up on a wing chair in the gallery
that lets him look out the upper rear big window, and keep an eye on me in
the office. We also know that he made himself a place on the bed in the
front guest room - lays on the edge with his nose at thw window adjacent.
Lately, however, he's actually taken to sneaking into the bedroom and
curling up near the head of the bed. Yup - I do make the bed with a
coverlet of some sort over the "sleeping" linens - some semblance of dog fur
barrier.

When he hears the Audi coming around the corner - down the street behind us,
turning - he'll suddenly go to the front foyer and wait - watching - so he
can see which door DH will come from.

ellice

baby quilt update Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 June 24th 06 02:49 PM
baby quilt update Debra Quilting 0 June 24th 06 07:16 AM
UPDATE on baby coming OT Queen of Squishies Quilting 8 February 21st 06 12:33 PM