To all Americans

Old January 20th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default To all Americans

Jangchub wrote:
What is he, the devil? Today is a wonderful day for our country.
IT's the end of war crimes. That compromised my beliefs...sorry to
say. Soldiers are still dying as we speak. Goodbye bush.
Victoria

By "he" I assume you mean Obama. He is nothing more nor less than
the rest of us and puts on his pants in exactly the same manner -- one
leg at a time. Every inauguration day of a new president is a great
day for our country because it means the potential to make things better
is there. That's doesn't mean anything will actually get better -- only
time will reveal that.
Unfortunately the "war crimes" will go on, they will just be
different in nature -- that's the nature of man no matter how much we
don't like it or want it to be. Soldiers will continue to die as long
as they are sent to battle regardless of why and where and when.
Hopefully "O" won't make the same big mistake that "W" made which was to
have crappy advisors. If that wasn't bad enough, W kept the crappy
advisors even after finding out they had given him even crappier advice!
Regardless of what has gone before, this country needs to remember
that Obama is just a man. His vision is just that -- his own personal
vision. While his vision is shared by others, that doesn't mean he will
be able to implement it and do the things he has repeatedly promised
this country, no matter how hard he tries or might want to. HE IS NOT
OUR SAVIOUR, WE must save ourselves. Hopefully we can do that with our
President, Congress and Senate leading the way. Even if "O" has two
terms in office and does everything "right", he can only hope to "get
the ball rolling". The President (any President) is a leader and can
not "save" us. WE THE PEOPLE, as a country and part of the world
community, must work and work hard to make things better and save
ourselves. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 20th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:24:39 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 1/20/09 8:52 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:16:39 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 02:46:50 GMT, Gillian Murray
wrote:

Victoria,

I really hope your optimism holds good. Personally, I have doubts,
because of his total inexperience in many facets of governing, but I
DO
wish the new President well, and hope he has good advisers.

No one man can make all the decisions needed, so his advisers are a
number 1 priority.

WE will see what happens, and I pray that nothing awful, like 9-11,
hits
him in his first year of office; that is nothing that any president,
new
or experienced has had to contend with, and hopefully will not recur.

I may not have been a supporter of him, but as of tomorrow he IS MY
PRESIDENT, and as such deserves support from the populace.

Gillian

Yeah, I hope he is as experienced and wise as bush.

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/01/20/tomo/
Victoria

Mean spirited response Vic

Agreed Sheena - I'll support BO as much as I can without compromising my
own
beliefs.

What is he, the devil? Today is a wonderful day for our country.
IT's the end of war crimes. That compromised my beliefs...sorry to
say. Soldiers are still dying as we speak. Goodbye bush.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Give it up Vic. Bush is old news and of no consequence anymore. He's
gone and it's time to forget him.

Old January 20th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:59:31 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

I guess so. I don't like backhanded congrats, so in turn.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

No, Gillian made it clear that like him or not, he is her president.
Seems like a good way of looking at it to me, until and if, Obama
wrecks up.

And for what it's worth, I too agree. At least she is giving him the
respect he deserves as President of the United States. Hopefully he will
live up to our expectations and only time will tell.

Old January 20th 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Tia Mary wrote:
By "he" I assume you mean Obama. He is nothing more nor less than the
rest of us and puts on his pants in exactly the same manner -- one leg
at a time.

(big snip for brevity)
HE IS NOT
OUR SAVIOUR, WE must save ourselves. Hopefully we can do that with our
President, Congress and Senate leading the way. Even if "O" has two
terms in office and does everything "right", he can only hope to "get
the ball rolling". The President (any President) is a leader and can
not "save" us. WE THE PEOPLE, as a country and part of the world
community, must work and work hard to make things better and save
ourselves. CiaoMeow ^;;^

You're spot on, Tia Mary. And this is what I think Obama is saying.
Whether people *hear* it is another matter. I pray they/we do, because
that's the only way out....together. And with hard work and shared
sacrifice, something we've put off for too long.

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old January 20th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/20/09 10:01 AM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:24:39 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 1/20/09 8:52 AM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

I said the same about the 43rd President for his second term dear.

Old January 20th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:35:18 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

No, Gillian made it clear that like him or not, he is her president.
Seems like a good way of looking at it to me, until and if, Obama
wrecks up.

"...Personally, I have doubts,
because of his total inexperience in many facets of governing..."

In my circles, this is a backhanded comment, agree or not, like it or
not. She has no choice but to see him as her president. He is.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

I see, so now that Obama is in a person may not have or express their
opnions ? You are definitely putting me off Obama !

What do you want from Obama. He's not the one who said those things.

Personally, although I voted for him and I have high hopes for his pulling
my country up to where it belongs, I don't think of him as the messiah. I
do respect the Office of the President and I shall wait patiently and keep
hoping he does well.

Lucille

Old January 20th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Gillian opined:
"...Personally, I have doubts,
because of his total inexperience in many facets of governing..."

And Bush had experience? He failed at everything he touched prior to
becoming our President, and while he was President. Puleaze.

I do not think Obama is the second coming. But he is a great orator,
and our country needs that. He has been left a huge mess, so whether or
not he will be able to do all he wants to do remains to be seen. But he
has character, intelligence, and surrounds himself with the best of the
best. His vision for the U.S. is my vision: no more torture, no more
Gitmo, no more Abu Graib-like military scandals, focus on Afghanistan,
on teacher standards, on family responsibility.

In the end, it is the legislature that makes the rules. We can only
hope that a personality such as Obama's can bring us together to get
done what needs to be done.

We need to forget Bush, forget divisiveness and get on with it in a
positive way. Someone on your block lose his/her job? Help if you can,
or go door to door to ask if you can all help. Go visit and encourage
them. They need it. It's that kind of "ideal" that got us through the
depression, WWII, and more. We need it again and I believe Obama has
the skills to unite us. If not, we'll know soon enough and I'll be
first in line complaining.

Dianne
--
Affordable & Creative Website Design - including Flash and more.
No Templates. Designed Just For You! http://Kanen5Designs.com
Old January 20th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 3:19*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:35:18 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

No, Gillian made it clear that like him or not, he is her president.
Seems like a good way of looking at it to me, until and if, Obama
wrecks up. *

"...Personally, I have doubts,
because of his total inexperience in many facets of governing..."

In my circles, this is a backhanded comment, agree or not, like it or
not. *She has no choice but to see him as her president. *He is.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

I see, so now that Obama is in a person may not have or express their
opnions ? *You are definitely putting me off Obama !

Why? What did he do? If you have a problem with what Vic is saying,
there's no reason to blame it on Obama, who probably has no
responsibility for it. LOL!

Elizabeth
Old January 20th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 3:23*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:42:22 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

* *America, on the other hand, is

the most powerful nation in the world.

That is debatable now with such a huge deficit.

Is it? Which country would you suggest is more powerful, keeping in
mind that the EU is not a country.

Elizabeth

My condolences for all the Americans Meredith Needlework 1 January 27th 05 05:51 AM
Stupid Americans Katherine Yarn 3 November 7th 04 10:47 PM
For the Americans georg Quilting 3 November 3rd 04 01:50 AM
Ot Thank you to The Americans Tomorrow 6/6 Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 119 June 23rd 04 05:20 AM