Monterrey Medallions

Old March 9th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Monterrey Medallions

Has anyone else made this quilt? It's the level II project at LQS class.
I'm pretty sure I have all the parts is parts cut out, and man there are a
lot of 'em.

Whomever invented the rotary cutter, we should all kiss her feetsies! If I
had to cut all these pieces by hand, I wouldn't, period. Ditto these lucite
acrylic rulers.

You have no idea how much time your spouse takes up in your day until said
spouse is not around. Ginny has been mostly gone since mid-January dealing
w/ her dad's illness. Since she's not here, I don't have to do cooking, no
conversation time except for a few minutes on the phone, no running around
after chickens in the yard, because I keep them penned up most of the time.
So, I've had TONS of time for cutting out block parts. In the process i
have realized just how much I do love batiks and hand-dyeds. They're just
so COOL!!! I was ironing one while ago, and the iron activated the wax
smell - I was trying to figure out if I had run ovr a crayon when it dawned
on me that the smell was from the batik. (duh!)

I have used the Scrappy Method for this quilt. I basically hauled out a ton
o' fabric and cut the strips from each one. In the 9-patch chain section of
the quilt, I needed 39 strips to cut 192 squares. I forgot to count and got
carried away; now I have prolly 35 extra squares.... I used a lot of the
hand-dyeds I got in the 4FQ/month dealie from Batting 1000 Quilt company
(NAYY) several years ago. Woo HOO!

Ok, enough rambling; gotta go to bed!

L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.

Old March 9th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm with you on the rotary cutter!

and well.. lets just say that *all* my recent commission work has been done
with batik and that the next 4 are mainly if not all batik too

I am glad you are having fun and distracting yourself!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands