Projects

Old December 7th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kelly[_2_]

Default Projects

I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time? I
have just finished a taboggin (sp) type hat out of cotton (for a
friend who was sceptical that knitting could be anything other than
bulky and "grandma ish"), a small warm garter stitch triangle shawl
for a friends mother and have started a beautiful black triangle shawl
for a friend who is a little eccentric (in a good way). Still in the
planning stage is a fuzzy red toboggin for a German exchange student
living with the said eccentric friend (she requested it, yarn, color
and all).

What might be on your needles, hooks, looms, wheels, etc.?

Old December 7th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Dec 7, 5:19 pm, Kelly wrote:
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time? I
have just finished a taboggin (sp) type hat out of cotton (for a
friend who was sceptical that knitting could be anything other than
bulky and "grandma ish"), a small warm garter stitch triangle shawl
for a friends mother and have started a beautiful black triangle shawl
for a friend who is a little eccentric (in a good way). Still in the
planning stage is a fuzzy red toboggin for a German exchange student
living with the said eccentric friend (she requested it, yarn, color
and all).

What might be on your needles, hooks, looms, wheels, etc.?

Right at the moment, nothing. I have a Greek final on Monday, and my
knitting has been put aside for the weekend. However, I have socks and
a shawl on needles, which I hope to get to on Monday night for a
while.

Higs,
Katherine
Old December 8th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Dec 7, 5:19�pm, Kelly wrote:
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time? �I
have just finished a taboggin (sp) type hat out of cotton (for a
friend who was sceptical that knitting could be anything other than
bulky and "grandma ish"), a small warm garter stitch triangle shawl
for a friends mother and have started a beautiful black triangle shawl
for a friend who is a little eccentric (in a good way). �Still in the
planning stage is a fuzzy red toboggin for a German exchange student
living with the said eccentric friend (she requested it, yarn, color
and all).

What might be on your needles, hooks, looms, wheels, etc.?

I have a sweater shawl on mine in dark purple knit round and round and
sleeves worked in when it gets to be about 9 1/2 inches. Gorgeous.
From Elann.com. Frances
Old December 8th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

I have a drawing final on Tuesday. I ripped out the bad-gauge vertical
stripe knee sock, and am starting over, when I get a chance to sit still, on
a "normal", horizontal stripe knee sock.

Georgia

Old December 8th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Kelly wrote:
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time? I
have just finished a taboggin (sp) type hat out of cotton (for a
friend who was sceptical that knitting could be anything other than
bulky and "grandma ish"), a small warm garter stitch triangle shawl
for a friends mother and have started a beautiful black triangle shawl
for a friend who is a little eccentric (in a good way). Still in the
planning stage is a fuzzy red toboggin for a German exchange student
living with the said eccentric friend (she requested it, yarn, color
and all).

What might be on your needles, hooks, looms, wheels, etc.?

Everything....

I'm mostly working on hats for my 3 sons and their wives as gifts. About
2/3 done. Then I'll go back to the 3 sweaters and 3 or 4 wraps/scarves
that are using up my needles....
Old December 8th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
FarmI

"Kelly" wrote in message
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time?

I'm doing fibre preparation. Have washed the Maremma dog hair and it came
up beautifully. I'm now washing the alpaca fleece, then I have to weigh
both of them and add Polworth wool, card all together and start spinning.

Old December 8th 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in

..au:

"Kelly" wrote in message
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at
this time?

I'm doing fibre preparation. Have washed the Maremma dog
hair and it came up beautifully. I'm now washing the
alpaca fleece, then I have to weigh both of them and add
Polworth wool, card all together and start spinning.

did you get the smell out of the Maremma? what is Polworth
fleece like? no one around here raises Polworth & i've never
seen that fleece type.
i have to box up some of Perl's fiber & send it to a fellow
Raveler (in exchance for some spun yarn from it). Perl is over
her ear infection, but is still in physical therapy. she tries
to stand on her own, but falls. she's been down over 2 weeks &
has very little strength in her legs now. we have to lift her,
make her stand (& try to keep her from falling) for a few
minutes a few times a day. the problem is, once we get her
standing, she wants to walk...
i can't wait until they get the barn finished so i can put
her in a stall & rig a pulley to her sling. between Tom & i,
we can barely lift her (450 pound, more or less)
on the knitting front, i've finished the Fiber Trends Here
Kitty Kitty for my mom, have a shawl on the needles, along
with a string shopping bag. i need to finish a sock & a second
fingerless glove. i might knit my brother a scarf...
oh, and i need slippers, so i was thinking i'd make felted
boots.
lee
Old December 8th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

Kelly,

I'm about finished with a filet wall hanging that I am making for my
husband. And I am also almost finished with some crocheted christmas
ornaments. I have started an afghan for myself, and I hope to get started
on a sweater soon. : )

Christy

Old December 9th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Kelly,
I am working on a pink & purple stocking cap and a 2x2 rib scarf for a
friends daughter. I am also working on what I call the green monster, a
queen size afghan that has over 200 smocking that need to be tied off
and sewed in. I just started gray wool scarf for my oldest son.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old December 9th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Diana

"Kelly" wrote in message
I was curious...what projects everyone is working on at this time? I
have just finished a taboggin (sp) type hat out of cotton (for a
friend who was sceptical that knitting could be anything other than
bulky and "grandma ish"), a small warm garter stitch triangle shawl
for a friends mother and have started a beautiful black triangle shawl
for a friend who is a little eccentric (in a good way). Still in the
planning stage is a fuzzy red toboggin for a German exchange student
living with the said eccentric friend (she requested it, yarn, color
and all).

What might be on your needles, hooks, looms, wheels, etc.?

Oh.

Wow.

Lessee...a set of green gloves for a daughter ( I think gloves were
invented for two cable needle knitting!) A pair of blue gloves, same
daughter. One brown self striping scarf, another daughter. One white bamboo
shrug, niece (I just have to sew that one up). One sea green coat for third
daughter (ditto for the sewing). Four crocheted Christmas tree ornament
covers due on Tuesday. One lace scarf, hand painted silk, for Mom.

My sons don't get anything knitted from me. They don't appreciate it.
(sniff)

One faroese shawl, deep rose red, for me. Someday I'll actually get to knit
a row or two on it.

I've just depressed myself.

Projects jenileo Jewelry 16 February 24th 05 04:19 AM
Unfinished projects -> finished projects Elsa Yarn 2 December 22nd 03 06:02 PM
One of our projects Cher Yarn 1 October 18th 03 05:02 AM
My projects and me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 July 19th 03 11:31 AM