Finished but not :-(

Old September 26th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Default Finished but not :-(

Late last night I put the finishing touch on a WH. When I woke this morning
and looked at it, I decided it still needs more work.

Question - The WH is all done in machine quilting, diagonal wavy triple
lines at 3" intervals. I'm now thinking I'd like to add leaves in these
open spaces. Would it be okay to do the leaves in hand quilting? The quilt
police will never see this, but I'm wondering if the results would look odd?

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 26th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOO HOOO!

yes you can and no it won't - many quilters do this - so come on over and
join the "gang" ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old September 26th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I think it's a wonderful idea, Bonnie. Don't know if judges at a quilt show
would get a bee in their bonnet about it or if you care. Sounds very pretty
and 'just what you need'. Polly

k.net...

Old September 26th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Do it. Combining techniques has been
done for ages. It would not be odd at
all, but if you later decided to enter
this into a fair or show, deciding on
category might be an issue. PAT

Old September 26th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Since my quilts will never be entered in any type of competition I guess
I'll do what my
head tells me is right. Thanks for the nod :-)

--
Bonnie
NJ
"polly esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
I think it's a wonderful idea, Bonnie. Don't know if judges at a quilt
show would get a bee in their bonnet about it or if you care. Sounds very
pretty and 'just what you need'. Polly

k.net...

Old September 26th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Go right ahead! Won't look odd at all.
Roberta in D

k.net...

Old September 26th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Pat, my quilts will never be in any competition. I do them for my own
pleasure and the thought of competition would take all my pleasure away.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 26th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
k.net...
Late last night I put the finishing touch on a WH. When I woke this
morning and looked at it, I decided it still needs more work.

Question - The WH is all done in machine quilting, diagonal wavy triple
lines at 3" intervals. I'm now thinking I'd like to add leaves in these
open spaces. Would it be okay to do the leaves in hand quilting? The
quilt police will never see this, but I'm wondering if the results would
look odd?

I have customers do this all the time. I'll do some basic machine quilting
to stabilize the quilt, which gives them lots of time to do the hand
quilting while using the quilt.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old September 26th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Extra points for handquilting.