Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping

Old September 9th 03, 01:30 AM
Lisa Ellis

Default Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping

Hi,

Friday night I walked into to climbing gym and saw that everybody was
wearing skirts. Imagine (if you can) men climbing in dresses and heels,
size 20 prom dresses, sarongs, or mini-skirts, and women climbing in
cute, short little dresses from the 60's! I asked what was up and was
told they had a new dress code...It was the 5th birthday of a member's
daughter who requested that everbody where a skirt to her party! Well,
how this turns on topic is that I aquired several of the skirts for
quilting material (Dad had bought them from the thrift store). One was
a great puple and gold print; the other was a rose patterned and colored
print with a retro feel. I just have to wash them to to get climbing
chalk out . . .

Also, Pauline O'Connel and I met at my house and went fabric shopping at
Pacific Grove. We wentt to Back Poarch Fabrics and to The Handmaiden.
It was great fun meeting Pauline, and the s.e.x. was good. I bought
some teals and other fabric for a baby quilt I am making as well as few
'utility fabrics.' Pauline found a great hot air balloon fabric and a
great diagonal stripe for a binding, amoung other things.

Pauline brought a quilt top along, as she was looking for backing. I
liked it a lot! A star quilt, blues and green set in a very yummy lime
green setting.

lisae

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM
climbing trips turns on topic Lisa Ellis Quilting 1 July 24th 03 05:22 PM