Thread Junkie tries King Tut.

Old October 10th 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Thread Junkie tries King Tut.

I bought a couple of reels of varigated King Tut today. Dead pretty, it is.

Anything I should be aware of?
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 10th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
I bought a couple of reels of varigated King Tut today. Dead pretty, it
is.

Anything I should be aware of?

The urge to acquire more?

Rita - 23 cones and counting :-)

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old October 10th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Rita L in MA wrote:
Kate XXXXXX wrote:
I bought a couple of reels of varigated King Tut today. Dead pretty,
it is.

Anything I should be aware of?

The urge to acquire more?

OK... I'd kinda got that one!

Rita - 23 cones and counting :-)

Just of KT? That's nice.

I got a blues and a browns (well, mostly brown, dark red, fawn,
greenish, swamp, and brown! )
Old October 10th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie

Oh, yes, I have that same urge. I think I'm only about 10 cones right now,
though. Okay, maybe 12.

Trixie

Old October 10th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Just how lovely it is and how beautifully it sews!! I only have two so
far, but I shall replenish my stock next month I hope!
..
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes
I bought a couple of reels of varigated King Tut today. Dead pretty, it is.

Anything I should be aware of?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 11th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

how much yardage on a cone?
cost?
j.

"Rita L in MA" wrote ...
The urge to acquire more?

Rita - 23 cones and counting :-)

Old October 11th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 10, 11:17*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
I bought a couple of reels of varigated King Tut today. *Dead pretty, it is.

Anything I should be aware of?
--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Well, it turned me into a real thread snob. That's the only one we use
for
machine quilting. Not that I had much experience to begin with, but I
think it's really nice thread.
Sherry
Old October 11th 09, 06:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

Have any of you used Aurafil? I love the stuff I have and I'm craving
some of their gorgeous variegated threads. Anybody try King Tut and
Aurafil and can tell about the difference?

Sunny
Old October 11th 09, 08:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

onetexsun wrote:
Have any of you used Aurafil? I love the stuff I have and I'm craving
some of their gorgeous variegated threads. Anybody try King Tut and
Aurafil and can tell about the difference?

Sunny

I have some Aurifil and love it. King Tut will have to be good to beat
that. I also love YLI's cottons and their silk thread, and the new
Coats Cotton, Seta Reale, and Duet ( NOT to be confused with Dual Duty,
which is evil) polyester for clothing construction..

Old October 11th 09, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I have tried both. They both sew beautifully. So far I can say that
the Aurifil variegated (the one I have anyone) has a more 'restrained'
colour range than the King Tut. The spool almost 'reads as a solid
turquoise', though there are stretches of cream in there. and different
shades of the main colour. The Aurifil has more sheen.
Please note: this is not an exhaustive survey g.
..
In message
,
onetexsun writes