new knitter

Old February 23rd 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

Default new knitter

Or, i should say, attempting?? to knit!

Can anyone suggest an online video that explains some basics of
knitting....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). I'd like to figure out how to
bind off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

thanks so much

Betsey
Old February 23rd 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

betsey wrote:
Or, i should say, attempting?? to knit!

Can anyone suggest an online video that explains some basics of
knitting....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). I'd like to figure out how to
bind off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

thanks so much

At www.knittinghelp.com there are videos that show several ways of
casting on, how to knit, purl, increase sts, decrease sts, bind off/cast
off and everything in between.

sue
Old February 23rd 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 05:55:57 -0800, betsey wrote:

Or, i should say, attempting?? to knit!

Can anyone suggest an online video that explains some basics of
knitting....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). I'd like to figure out how to bind
off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

thanks so much

Betsey

Welcome Betsey, I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy knitting. It is great
fun and very satisfying especially when you can see or wear something you
have made.

The site at: http://www.helloknitty.com/videoinstr.htm has videos showing
various ways to cast on as well as how to purl, also how to bind off.

If you get stuck just yell! There is usually someone who can help. :-)

Bernadette

--
Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
Old February 23rd 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Feb 23, 8:55�am, betsey wrote:
....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). �I'd like to figure out how to
bind off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

Instead of purling, just knit the stitches off backward. A tad
difficult at first, but it actually works. I used to have a site with
pictures that showed how, but somehow have managed to lose it. Frances
Old February 24th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
'Nez wrote:
On Feb 23, 8:55 a.m., betsey wrote:
....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). I'd like to figure out how to
bind off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

Instead of purling, just knit the stitches off backward. A tad
difficult at first, but it actually works. I used to have a site with
pictures that showed how, but somehow have managed to lose it. Frances

I'm pretty sure there's still one on YouTube.com - just search for
knitting videos.

=Tamar
Old February 28th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Feb 24, 1:36*pm, (Richard Eney) wrote:
In article ,

'Nez wrote:
On Feb 23, 8:55 a.m., betsey wrote:
....i managed to cast on and am knitting a scarf (ONLY
knitting...don't know how to purl!). I'd like to figure out how to
bind off....and in general, progress in this.

And...being a needleworker (counted thread) and quilter...i'm assuming
that one can get really carried away with the fibers....

Instead of purling, just knit the stitches off backward. *A tad
difficult at first, but it actually works. *I used to have a site with
pictures that showed how, but somehow have managed to lose it. *Frances

I'm pretty sure there's still one on YouTube.com - just search for
knitting videos.

=Tamar

thank you everyone!

i've now got purling down grin, and have learned to bind off.....

betsey

new knitter craft-knitter Machine Knit 1 December 29th 05 04:27 PM
Sorry knitter Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. Yarn 13 July 14th 05 02:21 PM
New Knitter [email protected] Yarn 22 December 26th 04 01:07 PM
Just one knitter here Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 4 December 21st 03 09:18 PM
looking for a knitter MinnieNeedles Yarn 4 December 6th 03 07:16 PM