what's the deal with home insurance???/

Old May 19th 04, 08:08 PM
Zander

Default what's the deal with home insurance???/

Hi all,

What's the deal with home insurance if you want to sell a few pots at the
odd fall fair etc? I've heard that you need some sort of commercial
something or another added to your policy. I live in canada and I've
talked to some people here about it but havn't got a definative answer...

Any info would be appreciated!

Zander
Old May 20th 04, 11:37 PM
steve graber

in USA, down in southern california i got a rider to my home policy
for around $75 a year that covered near $1/2 million in liability for
my booth at art shows. (state farm insurance). generally nothing
happens - so it's cheap insurance. but if your booth should blow away
in the wind and take out that really nice glasswork over there it'll
pay for itself in a hurry!

no one required it at any of the shows i did but when i told my
insurance guy what i was doing (mainly concerned with a kiln fire) he
suggested the rider.

the price is similar to renter's insurance. not too much but not bad
to have either.

see ya

steve

Old May 23rd 04, 01:11 PM
ShantiP1

Does that insurance rider on your booth cover product liability. If not, do you
have product liability and is it also with State Farm; and if you don't mind,
could you tell us how much that is costing you.
My All State insurance said they don't cover product liability and I need to
find someone who does, and at a reasonable price.
Old May 27th 04, 03:09 PM
Slgraber

not product liability, just trip & fall in my booth and damage to other booths
if my canope blew away.

it was around $75 a year or so. i don't worry about product liability myself.
maybe i should but oh well...

Subject: what's the deal with home insurance???/

Old May 27th 04, 03:32 PM
ShantiP1

Thanks for the reply. The U.S. has gotten so "lawsuit" mad, that I think it's
important to carry product liability, particularly if you are making functional
ware.
The problem is that one big lawsuit can wipe you out, totally, and I just don't
think it's worth the risk any more.

Regards,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery/
Old May 15th 13, 06:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
[email protected]

I live in Austin, Texas and got renter insurance from Shawn Camp Insurance(http://www.shawncampinsurance.com/homeowners.aspx), it protects my home from fire, theft, water damage and other unforeseen circumstance.
Old June 2nd 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
David Harmon

On Tue, 14 May 2013 22:08:27 -0700 (PDT) in rec.crafts.pottery,
wrote,
I live in Austin, Texas and got renter insurance from Shawn Camp

What kind of a kiln do you have, and does the insurance company know
about it?

Insurance and Cheap docs rainbow Beads 2 February 6th 04 09:46 PM
Gifts for the home, custom designed with unique fabrics gift-watch Marketplace 3 November 9th 03 08:58 PM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM