Casting on new stitches

Old February 24th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Harlan Messinger

Default Casting on new stitches

I'm knitting-in-the-round a flip-top mitten (like the Broad Street
mittens at

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTbroadstreet.html

but not that pattern). After getting close to the fingers, you knit the
palm stitches onto store them on a string holder, then knit the back
stitches, then cast on new stitches for the palm side of the flap. How
do I cast those stitches on? Should I use the Single Cast-On or Cable
Cast-On, to use the terms from

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ques/index.php

or some other method? The next few palm rows are going to be K1, P1
ribbing, if that makes a difference.
Old February 24th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Harlan Messinger

Tara D wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:06:32 -0500, Harlan Messinger
wrote:
do I cast those stitches on? Should I use the Single Cast-On or Cable
Cast-On, to use the terms from

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ques/index.php

or some other method? The next few palm rows are going to be K1, P1
ribbing, if that makes a difference.

Funny, I'm knitting a similar pair. Or at least will be if the swatch
felts properly.

I'd lean towards to cable cast on as you do want some elasticity to
that part.

Thanks, I'll go ahead with that!