Lacy work -- weaving in ends?

Old July 12th 03, 02:36 AM
Nancy Pannebaker

Default Lacy work -- weaving in ends?

Hi Jake,

Boy can I relate! I recently finished an afghan that had over 600 ends
to weave in by the time I was finished (90 squares, multiple color changes)
and as in your case the design was fairly open so that I couldn't just work
over my ends as I stitched. What I did was to thread a yarn needle with my
end and take it down through the stitch into the row below and then weave
the yarn through the top loops of the stitches in the row. I would go one
direction for several inches and then go in the opposite direction. I even
put a tiny dab of craft glue on the end of the yarn before I tugged the
fabric so that the end would disappear into my stitches. I washed and dried
the afghan, rechecking the ends before I gave it to the intended recipient.
So far, so good!!

Hope that this helps in some way. Good luck with your project.

Nancy in Tucson
"Jake Wildstrom" wrote in message
I've been crocheting for about 1.5 years now, and, much as I (and
everyone else, I guess) hate weaving in ends, I'm pretty competent at
it-- as long as there's a solid block of stitches somewhere to tuck
the end under in the end. But I've got to admit defeat when trying to
weave in ends for work which is lacy overall (did some things entirely
in trellis stitch, for instance), or where there's a lacy trim in a
contrasting color (which I'm reluctant to weave into a contrasting
color). Is there a good way to weave ends into lacy work without
the chains it's being woven into looking horrible?

| D. Jacob Wildstrom -- Math monkey and freelance thinker |
| Graduate Student, University of California at San Diego |
| "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into |
| theorems." -Alfred Renyi |

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily endorsed by the
University of California or math department thereof.