Baby Hat and Spontaneous Combustion

Old July 2nd 03, 04:19 AM
Allaya Diep

Default Baby Hat and Spontaneous Combustion

I've never heard of that before! That's so interesting.

One I HAVE heard (read it online somewhere) is that if you deny a pregnant
woman her wish, you get a stye in your eye. This has already happened twice
to my husband, who has never had or SEEN a stye before in his life, and now
he's running around in fear! hahaha

Allaya

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message

Now about the burnt wontons, no the
steam didn't do it, but when food burns on in a pot, my grandmothers

always
said it was a sign of rain coming as the water was being drawn up into the

air.

Old July 2nd 03, 08:04 AM
G.Kelly

Hello Allaya, when you find the answer to that you might like to let me know
!!! I was once knitting and from where I sat could actually see the
laundry and the washing machine - I suddenly saw what seemed like a flash if
light and looked up to see fire flaming from behind the washing machine. I
rushed and turned off the power and then got water and finally put the fire
out.

Naturally we thought the washed had fused or something so got the
electrician to check it and he found that the fire had actually stared in
the water drain pipe - just where it went out the wall and so the wall had
caught fire. Now how can a pipe full of water actually catch fire and
proceed to burn a hole in the wall ???? Add that to your mystery, Allaya.
God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
Hi Everybody!

I found a picture of the baby hat I made. The yarn was very cool! It was
verigated so that the colors kind of blended into each other. A very

nice,
soft, wool/acrylic blend. Hope she likes it! Here it is!

http://www.allaya.com/image_bin/babyhat_big.jpg

On another note, something very strange happened to me today. I was
steaming some gyoza (wonton-like dumplings), and I burnt them. Let me
reiterate...I BURNT food with STEAM. How does one burn food with STEAM???
Surely, I must have violated some law of the physical universe by doing
this.

I've come up with three possible explanations for this:

1) The front right burner on my stove is a gateway to a parallel universe
where water is flammable

2) The stuff coming out of my sink is not really water.

3) I'm just being pregnant. :P

Allaya

Old July 2nd 03, 11:05 PM
Allaya Diep

ROFL!!

I must say, Gwen, that your story definitely beats out mine! However, I'm
beginning to think that the same mischevious sprite that burnt my lunch in
the steamer is responsible for setting your water pipe ablaze! I wonder
what the water treatment plant is using these days! hehehe

Allaya

Old July 3rd 03, 05:33 AM
Els van Dam

In article MDIMa.133648$Dr3.67125@fed1read02, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

ROFL!!

I must say, Gwen, that your story definitely beats out mine! However, I'm
beginning to think that the same mischevious sprite that burnt my lunch in
the steamer is responsible for setting your water pipe ablaze! I wonder
what the water treatment plant is using these days! hehehe

Allaya

Allaya, have problems E-mailing you, did you give me your website address
instead of your e-mail address....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 3rd 03, 09:06 AM
G.Kelly

I say Allaya ! that does set one to wonder doesn't it ? I know our water
tastes of chemicals but I had hopes that at least i was not flamable !!!
God Bless gwen

Old July 11th 03, 01:45 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Gwen when we lived in Manchester Uk , [ages ago] we were horrified to
see the electricity lines and the waterpipes , side by side ,
TOUCHING , leading from top floor to basement. And one day i saw water
actually dripping on the electrical line ,,,, brrrrrrr landlord
thought we were panicy , but we asked them to separate the two,,,,
you might check that ,,, mirjam