Some OT, some not. A little venting, a little beadmaking talk....

Old November 4th 04, 03:06 AM
Diana Curtis

Ahhhh, but that is only One of the official versions of it. I looked it up
one day. I remember seeing at least three. One is in French.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Jalynne" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I know them....we sing the anthem during hockey season.

Oh, Canada
Our home and native land
true patriot's love in all thy sons command
with glowing hearts we see thee rise
the true north strong and free
from far and wide
oh canada, we stand on guard for thee
God keep our land
glorious and free
Oh Canada we stand on guard for thee
Oh Canada we stand on guard for thee.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old November 4th 04, 03:07 AM
Diana Curtis

Its a lovely tune. How did you come to start collecting it?
The only reason I knew the tune was that the Learn to Play the Recorder book
I had included it as a lesson.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Tinkster" wrote in message

ROFLMAO!

I have mp3 files of every version of Oh Canada that I've been able to
find for the last three or four years.

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Old November 4th 04, 03:15 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

Some of us here are Bush supporters, and were thinking of going somewhere
else if Kerry won! LOL Seems kind of silly now... I really have faith that
God will take care of us either way... Where government is concerned, I
believe that less is more. I've always thought we have way too many laws.
Heard somewhere, and I think it's pretty accurate, that we have some 35
MILLION laws in this country, including rules from different regulatory
agencies, that if we read 500 pages of them per day, it would take 25 years
to read them, much less understand them or follow them. I believe for every
new law that Congress passes, they should be required to take an old one off
the books - or two! As I've said here before, to less than rave reviews
(hahahahha), what scares me the most is activist judges that legislate,
which is contrary to our constitution. At any rate, it's time we all calmed
down, and realize that we are all Americans and need to work together. I
love all of you too and believe that we can continue to disagree agreeably.
PEACE.
Hugs,Karleen

Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Vibrant-Jewels-Beads-and-Jewelry
Join our Yahoo Group:
"starlia" wrote in message
I'm going out on a limb here, but is it because Bush is still president?

was fretting last night at the results of Kerry actually becoming

president.
I almost felt that if I had to vote for Kerry or be shot then I would have
been shot.

I know our country is divided and I don't like that either. It's an

uneasy
time. Regardless of our political beliefs I love you guys!

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Same here - in so many ways. I feel like my very freedom to be who I am
is in jeapardy. I feel like something big and dangerous is coming at me
and the rest of us. I feel almost like I did right after 911. I don't
feel safe.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kandice}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm right there with ya, except luckily I missed out on the illness
stuff. Here's hoping that all our fears are unfounded; I've never

wanted
to be wrong more in my entire life. Because I'm *scared*.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kandice Seeber wrote:
I'm depressed. Sad, a little angry and frightened. Three guesses as

why coughelectioncough. I had a blinding headache all day
yesterday - sharp pain behind my left eye that came and went. I slept
in this morning wayyyyy too long, but at least the headache seems to

be
gone.
Soooooo, today I got started torching way too late. Even though I

have
stated here and on the website that I will be moving in new directions
with encased florals and frits and such, today is not the day for me

do that.
I am therefore working in colors and designs that are comfy to me.

Pink
and gold. Rounds with florals, scrolls, stripes, etc. Maybe some
cubes. Maybe some dots and twists. Much pink. ******sigh****** Ah,
comfy pink.
Maybe I will feel more like branching out after the show (show is on

Nov
12th, and boy will I be glad when it's over).
To be honest, I am way stressed out. Some days I have tons of great
ideas, and very little time to act. On the days that I do have time,
the creative motivation is just not there. I think after this show,
things will get better. And I am having a love/hate relationship with
this time of year.

Blech.

So, those who have been watching my progress these past weeks, pay no
attention to the stressed out fire-loving chick behind the curtain
freaking out. Things will eventually even out after awhile I think.
Same goes for people who have been patiently waiting for more beads

and
beads of certain colors and types. This is exactly why I am not taking
custom orders - I may invoke the right to change my mind on certain
things I have told people I would try to do. Gotta do what I feel

like
doing everyday, folks - especially right now when things are this way.

It has felt like an uphill battle since the beginning of October when

was so sick. Boy am I ever looking forward to vacation during the
Christmas/New Years week.

Thanks for letting me vent, you guys. Love you all....except
Lurker/Steve. He can kiss my glass.

Old November 4th 04, 03:16 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

For the record, I LOVE PINK!
--
Karleen Page
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Vibrant-Jewels-Beads-and-Jewelry
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Thank you. Honestly. THANK YOU. I am sure people do understand. But
sometimes I let my feelings overwhelm me.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I have
stated here and on the website that I will be moving in new directions
with
encased florals and frits and such, today is not the day for me to do
that.

Hey Kandice - here's a reminder for you: You work for yourself, hon.

You
have
no boss, no one telling you what to do. You have no need to feel guilty
while
making beautiful pink beads. So relax and enjoy. Do what you want when
you
want, that's the whole point of being self-employed.

{{{{{Kandice}}}}}}}

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi

Old November 4th 04, 03:20 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

You're not the only one Starlia! But I respect the right of others to
disagree with me.
--
Karleen Page
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Vibrant-Jewels-Beads-and-Jewelry
Join our Yahoo Group:
"starlia" wrote in message
Why would we jump all over you? I think I'm about the only one here who

is
a die hard Bush fan. And even that isn't die hard as it seems. I just
couldn't vote for the other guy with a good conscience.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
It's not really me feeling like I have to explain - it's more the

need
for some support and understanding. Which you all are really good at.

I have given myself quite a bit of off time and am hoping that doesn't
kick me in the butt later on. LOL
It's good to know I am not the only one with the concerns I have
politically and in terms of making beads. It's good to know I can tell
people here my concerns and people won't jump all over me. Well, and if
they do, I can defend myself.
Thank you Candace and others - I feel like sometimes this place is like

warm blanket. Even with all the quibbles and such, this is like family

me.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Kandice, honey, please don't ever feel you have to explian your choices
to anyone, regarding your bead making (or anything else, really, you
*are* a grown woman.) I'm assuming it's the political front that's
gotten your mind and body on the fritz.... a person who is purposefully
out of the political loop, I can only make a guess. I figure a good

way
to look at things now is what will come will come. The first step is
over, now we just have see what happens. Get some Kandice time
in...sounds like a good time for a home spa.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged
beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old November 4th 04, 03:32 AM
Dr. Sooz

Here's hoping that all our fears are unfounded; I've never wanted
to be wrong more in my entire life. Because I'm *scared*.

Yes. I'm grieving for the evil environmental impact the next 4 years will
have. It's like these guys don't have children, or grandchildren....

And Kandice, I'm just so sad that you're not feeling absolutely wonderful in
every way. I hated reading that post of yours.....it's not right. You're too
cool, too nice, too talented, and to fab to have trouble in your heart. I wish
I could smash it for you and kick it out the damn door.
~~
Sooz
Yummy yummy apricot jam! (It's so much better than green eggs and ham)

Old November 4th 04, 03:32 AM
Kalera Stratton

HAHAHAHAHAHA "bum chum"!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

melinda wrote:
Kandice Seeber wrote:

Same here - in so many ways. I feel like my very freedom to be who I am is
in jeapardy. I feel like something big and dangerous is coming at me and
the rest of us. I feel almost like I did right after 911. I don't feel
safe.

You'll all be very welcome to come to Australia, things aren't quite
as bad here even if we have to put up with George's little bum chum :-(

Old November 4th 04, 03:33 AM
Dr. Sooz

Same here - in so many ways. I feel like my very freedom to be who I am is
in jeapardy. I feel like something big and dangerous is coming at me and
the rest of us. I feel almost like I did right after 911. I don't feel
safe.

I know.
IT'S SO WRONG.
~~

Old November 4th 04, 03:35 AM
Dr. Sooz

I'm going out on a limb here, but is it because Bush is still president? I
was fretting last night at the results of Kerry actually becoming president.
I almost felt that if I had to vote for Kerry or be shot then I would have
been shot.

Well god forbid any bleeding hearts should be in power. They'd care about
people and animals and the purity of water. They'd care about civil rights.
Heck, they might even let the black man vote, or integrate the schools!
:-P Oh, wait, the Democrats already did that last one.....
~~