OT-birthday coming up

Old December 27th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default OT-birthday coming up

My birthday is on Sunday. No, this is not a ploy for birthday wishes,
beads (well, maybe, lol), but a question.

I'm changing decades this year and I find myself really depressed
about it. Does anyone else get depressed on their birthdays,
especially big ones? Normally, I'm not depressed about getting older,
this year is unusual. I'm not really depressed, just a little down,
maybe it's because it's raining. I really hate rain. Or maybe because
I'm back from the Southwest which I love and in NJ which I hate....

Chime in with your opinions, ok? I'm off to the movies, my
antidepression device.

Patti
Old December 27th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
AliceW

Patti, I also live in NJ and looking forward to retiring anywhere else but
here. I also had a big birthday in November - my 60th. I thought it would
hit me hard but surprisingly, it didn't. I hear 60 is the new 40 which is
ok by me. I am in good health, I have two grandchild that I love to spoil,
I have a wonderful husband who puts up with my quilting and beading supplies
all over the house, my mom is turning 88 this year but lives in Florida
(wish I was closer). I have started taking better care of myself now,
taking vitamins and eating right, even exercising more. I asked for and
received a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas with the Brain Age game. I am
into my 1st week of training my brain to keep it young. I do as crossword
puzzles and sudoku as much as possible. Mom has severe memory loss and I
want to do what I can now to avoid as much of that now.

You can't stop the clock but you can take advantage of the time you have now
to take good care of yourself. I found that being 59 was harder than
turning 60 since I perceived 59 as being at the "end" of a decade and 60 as
being at the "beginning" of the decade. I much prefer beginnings.

Happy birthday to you. Enjoy your day!

--
AliceW

Old December 27th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Happy (almost) Birthday Patti! I'm sorry that your birthday is depressing
you. I hope the actual day is fun and you do something special!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's
loving hand. - Don McLean

Old December 27th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Mike Gribble

Age is just a number. It is how you feel inside and out which matters.
I guess what I try to do now I am in my 60's is to try new things. Have
just been up in a glider and that was great.

I am putting lots into my memory bank and planning lots more. Next
Christmas we plan to spend with the family in London.

I am still teaching and enjoying it, still have hearing, health and
eyesight to do what I want, so I make the most of everything. Both my
brother and sister died younger than I am now which has made me realise
how lucky I am. Age is a privilege not granted to all.

Cheers, Jan

Old December 27th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

On Dec 27, 2:24 pm, Mike Gribble wrote:
Age is just a number. It is how you feel inside and out which matters.
I guess what I try to do now I am in my 60's is to try new things. Have
just been up in a glider and that was great.

I am putting lots into my memory bank and planning lots more. Next
Christmas we plan to spend with the family in London.

I am still teaching and enjoying it, still have hearing, health and
eyesight to do what I want, so I make the most of everything. Both my
brother and sister died younger than I am now which has made me realise
how lucky I am. Age is a privilege not granted to all.

Cheers, Jan

I totally agree 44 hasnt felt any different then43 so why should any
other year i ask Smile
Old December 27th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Oh! you have beat me to it. I have got it on my list above my computer
and was just waiting for the date to sing to you.
It is mine two weeks tomorrow on the 11th and I feel some things are
getting too much for me.

Anyway wishing you a very happy birthday and hope you have lots of nice
things for presents.
Hugs
Shirley

In message
,
Patti writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 27th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
King's Crown[_2_]

Hi Patti,

I call it "being in a funk." Like you I'm not one to really care about my
age as there isn't anything I can do about it. After my last birthday
(47) I did get into a little funk for about 3 weeks. Plus I had lost 2
friends (their still alive just moved) this year and it just hit me all at
once. Thinking about 50 approaching just made me feel so old. haha You're
doing the right thing in my opinion. Do things you enjoy and you'll be out
of it in no time. I hadn't done anything with beads in a long time. So,
I've gotten them back out and looking at taking a class or two. I've also
started quilting again. These things really get ones mind off of things.

Lynne

Old December 28th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Dec 27, 8:59*am, Patti wrote:
Patti -- I refused to celebrate my 50th, much to the dismay of some of
my so-called friends, who were critical of this decision. It is my
life, my birthday and my decision. I hated turning 50. Could not see
what there was to celebrate.

Embracing my old-ness has not been easy for me. For Christmas, I
bought myself a) a new bedspread (non-age related), some Perricone
skin products (NOTHING BUT AGE-RELATED) and a Pilates Power Gym (see
previous notation, LOL). I am fighting the signs of aging with
everything I can buy, LOLOLOLOL. I'm looking at a dermawand and that
electronic ab thingy. Can you tell I watch too much TV?

Not only am I aging, but I live in CA, where aging is practically
banned by law. It stinks.

MUCH LOVE -- Becki
Old December 28th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilynart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I agree that the ones with the zeros are the
hardest, but, after all, it is ONLY a number. Cheer up. Last month I
passed that hurdle with a larger number than any of you. Felt a bit
down on the last day of the decade, but fine on my actual birthday.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy!
Blessings,
Marilyn

Old December 28th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
,
Marilynart writes
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I agree that the ones with the zeros are the
hardest, but, after all, it is ONLY a number. Cheer up. Last month I
passed that hurdle with a larger number than any of you. Felt a bit
down on the last day of the decade, but fine on my actual birthday.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy!
Blessings,
Marilyn

What number would that be. Mine will be 72, two weeks today.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

EQ6 is coming! Valerie in FL Quilting 10 October 26th 06 09:57 PM
Without coming right out and saying it Wooly Yarn 6 February 4th 06 09:45 AM
New LNS coming soon liz Needlework 22 January 20th 06 05:47 PM
my wholecloth is coming my Quilts of Provence is coming bdiane Quilting 2 February 10th 05 07:49 PM
OT GWB is coming to NS Gillian Murray Needlework 5 November 25th 04 05:32 PM