Some Databasix info

Old June 14th 05, 03:41 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default Some Databasix info

http://www.databasix.com/contactinfo/

Their AUP rather clearly tolerates trolling, even trolling under
multiple accounts; however, I would not hesitate to recommend emailing
them on a daily basis about this current spate of trolls, and/or
forwarding every single message to them. However, I strongly suspect
that the owner is a troll, so this will probably only make them laugh,
at least until enough people are doing it for it to become a major
nuisance. Please also feel free to report Databasix to your news servers
as a nuisance troll source.

More information will be made available as I find it.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old June 14th 05, 07:58 AM
katieW.

Hey, Ya'll!!!!!

Did you Hear THAT?!!!!!!

That sounded distinctly like a gauntlet being thrown down!!!

May I be honored enough to be the first to pick up said gauntlet, slap
the issuer of the challenge across both cheeks, and boldly proclaim my
Seconds!

I choose Jim and Sooz!

It shall being at first light, I demand a full dissapearance of ALL
characters/personalities, or it shall be To The Death. I choose my
weapon to be the Qwill (or the modern equivilant thereof)

Katie

Old June 14th 05, 04:56 PM
Kalera Stratton

I have engaged in an email exchange in which the admin assured me that
trolling a newsgroup under multiple nics is NOT acceptable under their
AUP. Either the admin is lying or you're in violation.

Brocading Beads wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote in
:

http://www.databasix.com/contactinfo/

Their AUP rather clearly tolerates trolling, even trolling
under multiple accounts; however, I would not hesitate to
recommend emailing them on a daily basis about this current
spate of trolls, and/or forwarding every single message to
them. However, I strongly suspect that the owner is a troll,
so this will probably only make them laugh, at least until
enough people are doing it for it to become a major nuisance.
Please also feel free to report Databasix to your news servers
as a nuisance troll source.

More information will be made available as I find it.

Be forewarned, Kalera, that sending and orchestrating the sending
of multiple bogus abuse complaints is, itself, a form of abuse.
The news admins don't appreciate their valuable time being wasted
by ignorant folks. You may get into trouble doing it.

Before sending abuse complaints, it would behoove you to read
up on what constitutes abuse.

A word to the wise . . .

All the best,
Brenda Brocade

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old June 14th 05, 06:09 PM
Kalera Stratton

Oh, and trust me, trolly dearest, that I will not forward *any* message
more than once, or email a complaint more than once per day. Strictly
within the proper bounds of reporting someone trolling under multiple
nics. How annoying it is to your admin is strictly up to how often you
post under all your plethora of handles.

Of course, the possibility that the admin is simply running a news
service for trolls has occurred to me. It will be interesting to see how
that must be dealt with, if it's the case.

Defending a newsgroup against flooding or trolling is not the same thing
as netcopping. If you think calling in your trolly troops (have you any,
or is it all just you under multiple nics?) will make a difference,
you're deluded.
Sucking up to me is pointless. I would really just appreciate if you
would recognize that this is a group of real people posting here to
share something they genuinely enjoy, and either pick ONE nic and join
in as a real person yourself, or else go find some other activity in
which you do find real enjoyment; something that will make you happier
than ruining other people's enjoyment.

Many of the people here are my friends IRL; it's not like it's a bunch
of disconnected, anonymous screen names to me. I want you to know that.

Brocading Beads wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote in
:

Old June 14th 05, 06:16 PM
bluemaxx

response below...

"Margret Castelli" wrote in message
snipped
: Oh my Gawd! What a dumb bimbo you are KatieW. I guess I was
: mistaken about you when I thought you had some intelligence
: and a sense of humor. What's with the 'wisemommy'???
:
: You should be careful not to start a flame war here. If you
: think people posting here that you don't like are a disruption
: just wait until you get a flame war going. He Hee! Oh Baby!
:
: And, that'll be child's play if certain people learn there
: are multiple netcops here. Netcops are to trolls as Satan
: is to Christ.
:
: Wouldn't it be better if you just stopped reading posts
: from people who upset you with their opinions or you could
: use a filter or kill file.
:
:
: --
: Drive sober and drive safe,
: Margret Castelli

This is exactly what I was trying to tell all of you. Use your
killfile! If you don't know how to use one, post that you can't and
we'll all help you put one in place.

Old June 14th 05, 06:35 PM
Kalera Stratton

Ah, but the problem is that Gary will just continue morphing endlessly
until he gets bored.

Old June 14th 05, 06:35 PM
Kalera Stratton

You're so transparent.

Brocading Beads wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote in
:

I have engaged in an email exchange in which the admin assured
me that trolling a newsgroup under multiple nics is NOT
acceptable under their AUP. Either the admin is lying or
you're in violation.

Brocading Beads wrote:

Kalera Stratton wrote in
:

[...]

Trolling? Whose trolling? Seems to me I've been more
on topic than you, dear. Most of my posts are about
beads - not some vendetta against trolls.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old June 14th 05, 07:06 PM
bluemaxx

I don't see waiting for the trolls to get bored as a problem at all.
Postings such as these have been usually only last a few weeks. Then
they'll usually disappear when they _don't_ get the response they're
looking for... or they find their next group to use as a 'victim'.

Compare waiting for them to disappear and ignoring them to "Gary" (?)
bringing a Troll Flame War into this group because of lots of nasty
replies to their posts and the reporting of their posts to their isp's .
I can easily ignore 'their' posts, either on my own strength or by using
my kill file.

On the other hand, he/she/it/they _do_ mean what they say about hating
netKKKops and starting Flame Wars. They don't say that as an idle
threat. It can easily be accomplished merely on the strength of their
[the trolls] numbers.

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
: Ah, but the problem is that Gary will just continue morphing endlessly
: until he gets bored.
:
: bluemaxx wrote:
: response below...
:
: "Margret Castelli" wrote in
message
: ...
: snipped
: : Oh my Gawd! What a dumb bimbo you are KatieW. I guess I was
: : mistaken about you when I thought you had some intelligence
: : and a sense of humor. What's with the 'wisemommy'???
: :
: : You should be careful not to start a flame war here. If you
: : think people posting here that you don't like are a disruption
: : just wait until you get a flame war going. He Hee! Oh Baby!
: :
: : And, that'll be child's play if certain people learn there
: : are multiple netcops here. Netcops are to trolls as Satan
: : is to Christ.
: :
: : Wouldn't it be better if you just stopped reading posts
: : from people who upset you with their opinions or you could
: : use a filter or kill file.
: :
: :
: : --
: : Drive sober and drive safe,
: : Margret Castelli
:
:

Old June 14th 05, 08:00 PM
Dr. Sooz

sending and orchestrating the sending
of multiple bogus abuse complaints is, itself, a form of abuse.

Exactly. The word "bogus" is important. If we sent our complaints,
they'd....oh, never mind, you used piece of toilet paper (Brendy-Poo).

Old June 14th 05, 08:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

As for ruining
other people's enjoyment, can you rightly speak for ALL other
people?

She speaks for me. Anyone else? Let's see a show of hands.

Borax info figjam62 Glass 10 March 2nd 05 06:16 AM
Looking for info on Singer's made in the 50's & 60's Malcolm Spann Sewing 2 July 9th 04 02:59 PM
Need contact info for Stamp Out Cute Rubber Stamp Company WKT Rubberstamps 0 February 21st 04 08:53 PM