I'm slipping (on topic)

Old May 27th 05, 09:11 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default I'm slipping (on topic)

Boy, I'm sliding down hill fast!

Like many of you, I can usually manage to NOT find enough material of
exactly the right color for binding in my stash. Sure, I'll have the perfect
fabric in that stash somewhere, but nowhere near enough. This means an
emergency trip to the LQS. And, naturally, you're never *really* sure if
that fabric that looked so perfect in the LQS is really, truly right for the
quilt. So a binding is usually good for at least a 10 yard haul from the
LQS. And thread to match each fabric.

I'm now on my third quilt in a row where I had plenty of just the right
binding fabric. In fact, every fabric on each of these quilts, front and
back, came completely from stash. This is a disaster! How are the poor LQS's
going to survive if this keeps up? They are probably already laying off
employees as I type.

I feel so guilty...

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old May 27th 05, 09:25 PM
maryd

ROTFL It's backing that usually foretells a trip to the LQS. Tho I think I
have enough in my stash for the current quilt.

--
Mary
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...
: Boy, I'm sliding down hill fast!
:
[...]
: --

Old May 27th 05, 10:11 PM
the black rose

*snorfle*

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
[...]

Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old May 27th 05, 10:26 PM
KJ

Don't worry Kathy. I'm working on our guild's raffle quilt. I've more than
made up for your lack of purchases. Since this is a rather scrappy quilt in
pinks and yellows, the amount of fabric is way out of whack with the amount
I'm using. I'm billing the guild for the solid setting blocks and border
fabric, but I think I'm going to keep the pieces I've bought to make the 9
patch blocks and appliques. I have even raided friends' stashes, so I have
MORE than enough fabric for this quilt.
FYI, we are making the block from the cover of the "Pink Lemonade" book.
It's going to be very bright and festive. I'll let you all know when we
start selling tickets!

Old May 27th 05, 11:04 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

[...]

As well you should, Kathy! Hie thee to your LQS right *now* and do
your best to keep their employees working! LOL!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 28th 05, 03:48 AM
Marcella Peek

It means you are subconsciously saving up for huge shopping at PIQF.

Got the class schedule and entry materials in the mail yesterday. Are
you entering anything this year?

marcella

Old May 28th 05, 01:41 PM
Roberta Zollner

You'd better shape up, woman! They might just confiscate your crown!
Roberta in D

. com...

Old May 28th 05, 01:44 PM
frood

Nothing worse than a reformed fabric tramp. You'd better clean up your act
before you start telling all of us to finish stuff!

--
Wendy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old May 28th 05, 10:55 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"frood" wrote in message
Nothing worse than a reformed fabric tramp.

Now who said I'm reformed? Them's fightin' words, sister... ;-)

(Pushing up my crown, and tucking back in a few wisps of hair.)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

off topic clearance, and on topic sewing Queen of Squishies Quilting 32 May 3rd 05 12:46 PM
Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 09:44 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM