AD: Ebay and Justbeads auctions

Old December 5th 04, 05:21 AM
Cheryl

I asked someone at Ebay once about this. The "fine print" is that they
rarely follow a link beyond the homepage. So, my homepage has nothing for
sale on it. Just chatty stuff

ahhhh - that would explain it....
good tip ......
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 5th 04, 11:26 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

"The eBay About Me page may be used to describe the seller's business, and
may contain Web addresses or links to the seller's individual Web site. It
may not specifically promote off eBay sales or sales of items prohibited

on
eBay, nor may it contain links to commercial Web sites where goods from
multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine."

It says the 'About Me' page may not specifically promote off eBay sales, and
an individual's page generally won't be an aggregated page. Or that's how I
read it.
It's ambiguous at best, but I take the "it" to mean the About Me page, not
the person's website being linked.

Me too. I think they've left it ambiguous so they can get tough any time
without having to rewrite the rules.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 6th 04, 03:25 AM
Kalera Stratton

Again, that's for linking from your auctions, not from your About Me
page, which has different rules, as outlined further down on the page
you linked to:

"Links from your About Me Page

You may link to your own Web store or Web site. However, you may not
directly offer any non-eBay merchandise on the About Me page itself.

eBay does not permit its users to place the following types of links on
your About Me pages:

* Links that directly offer any non-eBay listing or merchandise on
the About Me page itself.
* Links to other online trading sites or pages, including auctions
and fixed-price formats. Learn more
* Links to sites offering the same merchandise for the same or
lower price (including the Buy It Now price).
* Links to sites offering merchandise or information not permitted
on eBay

On your About Me page, you may link to your own Web site or individual
Internet store where you are offering to trade, sell or purchase your
goods or services. However, you may not link to any page within online
trading sites that offer goods from multiple sellers either in a fixed
price or auction format.

About Me pages that do not meet this policy may be removed."

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Cheryl wrote:
My About Me page is fairly new, and at the time I put it up it did say
quite clearly in the rules that I am allowed to link to my website from
my About Me page. Quite honestly, I wouldn't bother having one if I
couldn't.

yes - the rules say you CAN LINK TO your own webpage -- but ONLY IF you do not
sell goods that are the same or simliar to those you sell on ebay...
ie. == you could have a webpage that was "show and tell" about how you make the
beads, and a "gallery" of past items

but read the language again - it forbids linking to a website where
" Linking to Web sites that offer to trade, sell, or purchase goods or
services, or including links for any purpose other than those listed above is
not allowed. Prohibited links include, but are not limited to:

Links to Web pages that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services
outside of eBay. This applies whether it is a static URL or an active link

don't believe me?? Read the ebay page yourself...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

link policies apply to both the LISTING and your ABOUT ME PAGE