OT Gail

Old June 21st 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT Gail

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis, I am so sorry to hear this news. I was praying that they would
finally figure out what was wrong with Gail, but I was hoping for better
news than this for you both. I totally understand your worries about your
daughter's cancer too, being that my sister/cousin just went through a
horrific year of having cancer and going through chemo and radiation
treatments only to have her cancer come back. I will be praying for Gail
and your daughter... and one for your peace of mind as well. Do take care
of yourself too!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 21st 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Dennis, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you
and your family.

Georgia

Old June 21st 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

Oh, Dennis *******HUGS (those are sisterly, "one arm around the shoulder
while standing right next to you" hugs)

My little sister's FIL had a good 15 years or so after he was diagnosed --
he hit a point and then just sort of stabilized for a loooong time. He was
far more blessed than people who were diagnosed 20 or 30 years ago -- they
set him up with a computer and taught him how to use it with his
best-controlled muscle, one knee. He wrote his autobiography,
corresponded with all his family all over the country, including his
grandchildren, by email, sent cute emails to all his friends (normally I
get tired of them, but this was his life, you know?), consulted with me on
learning Word Perfect 9 or 10, and had a reasonably full life for a
loooong time.

The one thing they did that they think helped was dietary stuff -- not
sure about all of it, but avoiding MSG like the plague is the one I
remember best (probably avoiding Nutrasweet would be a good idea, too).

Melinda, that is actually a very encouraging and inspirational story about
your sister's Father-In-Law. It shows that if a person has the will power
and doesn't allow themselves to give up, they can accomplish a lot and
continue to have bright moments in their lives. ) Thank you for
sharing this with us.

*hugs*
Gem

Old June 21st 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:37:38 -0500, Spike Driver wrote:

Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Dear, dear Dennis and Gail. My thoughts and prayers are with you both
and with your daughter.

Bernadette

Old June 21st 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

Dennis,
My prayers are with you and Gail and your daughter.
Marilyn

Old June 21st 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old June 21st 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Oh Dennis,
What awful, awful news. The computer is very limited at sending waves
of caring and love, but we do try. I have read some very hopeful as
well as helpful information in these replies and hope you can
(eventually) take heart in them. Yes, there CAN be good years ahead,
in spite of this tragedy. I have seen many websites written by folks
with ALS who are at least (and in some cases MORE) active now than
they ever were before--writing, communicating, sharing--with a renewed
understanding of how precious time is to us all. Please know how many
of us are thinking of you and your family.

Wendy in CT

Old June 21st 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Donna in S. Indiana

OT Gail is better Spike Driver Yarn 8 June 15th 07 12:50 AM
Dennis and Gail YarnWright Yarn 3 March 8th 06 10:39 PM
Thank you all from Gail Spike Driver Yarn 0 March 8th 06 08:16 AM
Thank from Dennis & Gail [email protected] Yarn 1 January 9th 06 04:16 PM
Thank from Dennis & Gail [email protected] Yarn 0 January 8th 06 11:34 AM