miniature knitting

Old June 28th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default miniature knitting

On Jun 4, 8:21 am, myswendy wrote:
This site is so gorgeous, I decided to put it in its own posting.

http://www.sew-coolseparates.com/dollclothing/id31.html

------------
Wendy, I would love to try something like these doll patterns. My
eldest daughter collects Barbie dolls and boy howdy this would be very
special for her collection. However, my eyes are 55 years old and my
hands are even older. GRIN

Padishar Creel

Old June 28th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"myswendy" wrote in message
oups.com...
This site is so gorgeous, I decided to put it in its own posting.

http://www.sew-coolseparates.com/dollclothing/id31.html

Wendy

While looking for something else I came across this:

http://www.buttercupminiatures.co.uk/

1/12 and 1/24 scale!!!

Mary

Old June 28th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

Padishar Creel wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 4, 8:21 am, myswendy wrote:
This site is so gorgeous, I decided to put it in its own
posting.

http://www.sew-coolseparates.com/dollclothing/id31.html

------------
Wendy, I would love to try something like these doll
patterns. My eldest daughter collects Barbie dolls and boy
howdy this would be very special for her collection.
However, my eyes are 55 years old and my hands are even
older. GRIN

i use a magnifying lens, sometimes *with* my close-up glasses,
& i work in small blocks of time with frequent 'eye rest'
breaks. i have a lot of trouble with my vision. i have
allergies & a chronic sinus infection that's going on 30 years
now, which literally changes the shape of my eyes & makes
corrective lenses hit or miss.
on "good" days, when my glasses actually work, i try to get a
lot of knitting or beading done. on days when everything is a
blur with or without glasses, i do housework
lee
Old June 28th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
Padishar Creel wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Can't you think of an excuse not to do that?

Mary
lee

Old June 28th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
. net:

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
Padishar Creel wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

usually
i do have to catch the dust kitties before they become full
fledged live cats though (we have one Great Pyranees/Border
Collie cross & 6 indoor cats. the fur issue during shedding
season is not insubstantial). otherwise, i'm just not into
that "spotless" house thing.
lee
Old June 28th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..

on "good" days, when my glasses actually work, i try to
get a lot of knitting or beading done. on days when
everything is a blur with or without glasses, i do
housework

Can't you think of an excuse not to do that?

usually
i do have to catch the dust kitties before they become full
fledged live cats though (we have one Great Pyranees/Border
Collie cross & 6 indoor cats. the fur issue during shedding
season is not insubstantial). otherwise, i'm just not into
that "spotless" house thing.
lee

You're not doing it right you know, the National Trust believes that dusting
damages fine furniture, leave the dust to protect it. I'd leave the animals
outside while moulting but there again I wouldn't have them to start with
:-)

Mary

Old June 29th 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
i do have to catch the dust kitties before they become full
fledged live cats though (we have one Great Pyranees/Border
Collie cross & 6 indoor cats. the fur issue during shedding
season is not insubstantial). otherwise, i'm just not into
that "spotless" house thing.
lee

I hear that! When we open the foyer windows and the window in the front
screen door too, even the slightest breeze can send fur balls rolling across
the floor... even if I swept it earlier the same day. It's really hard
keeping up with them (dogs for us, not cats) during shedding season, but we
wouldn't part with them for the world... they are our fur babies.

They've been shedding a LOT this year for some reason. If I don't brush
them for a couple of days (or even sometimes when I do) you can see "tufts"
of fur pushing their way out of their coats later in the day. So whenever
Casper comes walking by, I play "pull the tufters" from him. He thinks it's
a great game, wagging happily until he decides he's had enough and then he
takes off leaving me with a lovely mound of white fur "tufts" to throw away.

Buffy hasn't been well today. She has a cancerous stomach tumor, and has
been just lying around most of the day. Unfortunately she is messing in the
house (she stays in the laundryroom) a bit today too, so we had to have her
outside quite a bit to try to make sure she went in the right place...
didn't work though, it's happened about three times now *while* she is
laying down sleeping. We don't think she will live too much longer (she
isn't in any pain at the moment though, so that's a good thing) and the vet
says when she finally gives up eating completely the end will be very near
for her like it was for her own dog. The vet also said "All rules are out
the window now, just let her eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants to
eat it."

Anyway, while Buffy was lying on the grass, I sat beside her massaging her
(she also has arthritis) and "tufting" her gently. After her massage though
she struggled to her feet (before that she wasn't even trying, and was just
lying there perfectly still), with a little help from Matthew to get her
hind legs under her properly, and made her way back into the house for a
while. It's too cool and damp to even consider leaving her outside for too
long, so we just have to clean up after her when she has an accident.

*hugs*
Gemini

Miniature quilts maryd Quilting 37 August 11th 06 09:09 PM
FA:miniature food david Doll Houses 0 December 11th 05 09:40 PM
Miniature Quilts Joan8904 Quilting 16 January 28th 05 03:16 PM
Miniature quilts Joanne Passmore Quilting 49 June 8th 04 03:38 PM
Miniature Ivy? Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 5 March 18th 04 09:20 PM