Thread and toggle frustration

Old June 8th 04, 08:51 AM
Gemfyre

Default Thread and toggle frustration

I'm used to making stuff with tigertail and crimps. Pretty easy.

At the moment however I'm trying to make a 3 stranded bracelet on beading
thread with a toggle clasp.

I tell you what I am about to give up - it looks like I'm gonna hafta
restring the entire thing.

I did the first strand and the knots were messy and not big enough (the
knots slid right through the beads) and on the other end it was even more of
a mess. And then I'm not sure what happened but the length of thread between
the toggle and last bead kept growing until it was about 1.5cm of just
thread between the last bead and the toggle.

And the second strand! Well I got to the end of it and went to tie it to the
other end of the toggle and the OTHER end decided to undo itself! I don't
have enough thread to retie it easily so I'll have to start again.

I think I've used about 2 metres of beading thread so far and have no actual
pieces to show for it.

Any tips on how to do this so it all stays snug and neat? I'm using a
homemade needle which looks very similar to the ones I've seen in stores
that cost $4 a pop. I find it awkward to stop the thread from falling out of
the needle and the needle bends, but that's useful in a way because I can
maneuver it.

*sigh* I REALLY want to make this bracelet because it will look awesome when
properly done. It's just doing it properly that's the problem.

--
Check out my handmade jewellery that I have for sale.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~daycare...jewelsale.html

---