Retail therapy = more yarn to hide

Old June 30th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Default Retail therapy = more yarn to hide

Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's in poor health. You have to
call ahead to see if she's up to opening the store on the day you're
planning to come. Anyway, as fate would have it, she was open on the day I
*needed* to surround myself with yarn. :-) I came away with some 10 skeins
of some lovely DK weight wool yarn on sale for $2.00 apiece to make
cardigans for my two boys. yea! I was late getting back to work, but I
felt much better.

Now I just have to finish the baby blanket I'm making for a friend and the
latest Koolaid hat. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

lisa

--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when

Old June 30th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:57:54 -0500, Karlisa wrote:

Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's in poor health. You have to
call ahead to see if she's up to opening the store on the day you're
planning to come. Anyway, as fate would have it, she was open on the day I
*needed* to surround myself with yarn. :-) I came away with some 10 skeins
of some lovely DK weight wool yarn on sale for $2.00 apiece to make
cardigans for my two boys. yea! I was late getting back to work, but I
felt much better.

Now I just have to finish the baby blanket I'm making for a friend and the
latest Koolaid hat. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

lisa

Good on ya lass! I like a positive outlook.

We have an old family saying - "A little of what you
fancy does you good". I think you feel a lot better for that ;-)

Old July 1st 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 30, 12:57 pm, "Karlisa" wrote:
Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's in poor health. You have to
call ahead to see if she's up to opening the store on the day you're
planning to come. Anyway, as fate would have it, she was open on the day I
*needed* to surround myself with yarn. :-) I came away with some 10 skeins
of some lovely DK weight wool yarn on sale for $2.00 apiece to make
cardigans for my two boys. yea! I was late getting back to work, but I
felt much better.

Now I just have to finish the baby blanket I'm making for a friend and the
latest Koolaid hat. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

Oh, lovely, Lisa!

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 1st 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MayQueen

Karlisa wrote:
Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's in poor health. You have to
call ahead to see if she's up to opening the store on the day you're
planning to come. Anyway, as fate would have it, she was open on the day I
*needed* to surround myself with yarn. :-) I came away with some 10 skeins
of some lovely DK weight wool yarn on sale for $2.00 apiece to make
cardigans for my two boys. yea! I was late getting back to work, but I
felt much better.

Now I just have to finish the baby blanket I'm making for a friend and the
latest Koolaid hat. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

lisa

You did a service for both the LYS owner and yourself!

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Old July 1st 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Karlisa wrote:
Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's in poor health. You have to
call ahead to see if she's up to opening the store on the day you're
planning to come. Anyway, as fate would have it, she was open on the day I
*needed* to surround myself with yarn. :-) I came away with some 10 skeins
of some lovely DK weight wool yarn on sale for $2.00 apiece to make
cardigans for my two boys. yea! I was late getting back to work, but I
felt much better.

Now I just have to finish the baby blanket I'm making for a friend and the
latest Koolaid hat. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

lisa

Why do you have to hide your yarn?????

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old July 2nd 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Olwyn Mary How are you ??????
And you took the question from my keyboard ,,,,,,
mirjam

Old July 2nd 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Olwyn Mary How are you ??????
And you took the question from my keyboard ,,,,,,
mirjam
Why do you have to hide your yarn?????

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Thank you for asking, Mirjam, I am finally improving. I had a setback
last week, running a high fever even while taking very powerful
antibiotics (750mg Cipro twice daily) but decided to wait and see if it
was perhaps a viral infection on top of everything else. It would seem
so, as my temperature has come down a lot and at the same time the
headaches are less severe.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old July 3rd 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Taueret

"Karlisa" wrote in message news:46866f30 I had
promised myself I wouldn't buy more yarn this
year, but I'm willing to forgive myself and move on. :-D

LOL! I think that is a really healthy attitude!

Grins,

Taueret

--
NSW, Australia
http://taueret.typepad.com

OT - LQS Fails Retail Therapy Test Sharon Harper Quilting 21 June 15th 06 01:24 AM
retail therapy CNYstitcher Quilting 3 September 18th 03 12:50 PM
You can run, but you can't hide Tink Beads 14 August 22nd 03 06:07 AM