"traditional" Thanksgiving dinner

Old November 25th 11, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default O.T. fried pies "traditional" ...

Howdy!

"Don't eat 'em 'cause they're healthy! Eat 'em 'cause you love 'em."

I've had one; they're good. Gave away the rest. g

Calories: 300
Fat cal.: 150
total fat: 17g sat.fat: 8g trans fat: 0
total carb: 36g
fiber : 3g
sugars : 12g
cholest : 0mg
protein : 3g
sodium : 180mg

Today, the wrapper remains.
The house is clean, the food is cooked, I quilt. That's it: quilt!

R/Sandy - enjoying a day off

On 11/25/11 9:16 AM, in article , "Taria"
wrote:

They mention low in cholesterol but don't mention fat or calories.
If those are like the ones here they are probably really good. I
made the mistake at looking at the nutritional label once and
never have eaten another. I miss them though. Rats to those
darned labels. Kind of like all the Costco goodies. Not everything
from their bakery has a nutrition label. I checked online about something
one day and that was the last of that. : (
Taria

"Sandy E" wrote in message ...

Howdy!
A hand-sized fruit pie, lightly dipped into the fryer so the crust
gets kind of crispy, sealing in the goodness. MindyLu's don't have
a thick layer of sugar coating as some do. They're good.

http://www.mindylupies.com/aboutpies.htm

http://tinyurl.com/7w8d5yu

R/Sandy

Old November 25th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

You learn something new every day. Sounded strange, but then I thought -
samosas are deep fried too, and they're pastry,

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 25/11/2011 04:58, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!
A hand-sized fruit pie, lightly dipped into the fryer so the crust
gets kind of crispy, sealing in the goodness. MindyLu's don't have
a thick layer of sugar coating as some do. They're good.

http://www.mindylupies.com/aboutpies.htm

http://tinyurl.com/7w8d5yu

R/Sandy

On 11/24/11 10:59 AM, in article ,
"Sally wrote:

I may be being dim but ...what is a 'fried pie'?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 24/11/2011 03:45, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

You got it, Pol. That's why I say, "Eat what you like, like what you eat!"
Dissing the GBC is in a category w/ fracking the fruitcake. ;-D

A pie story:
I'll be chair of the church deacons next year; I promised my team if
they'd come to training& stay on the team (show up!), there will be pie.
Referred to pie a dozen or so times. They showed up. They're on board.
I showed up at training, Saturday, w/ 5 dozen fried pies, apple, peach,
cherry& chocolate. What a hit!

Old November 26th 11, 09:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary O'Neill

Default "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner

We never had GBC for Thanksgiving dinners when I was growing up. My mom
did cook other things with cream of mushroom soup though. You will never
see me cook a recipe that calls for any cream of " " soup. I've
eaten enough. Thank you very much! I fully support Campbells when I
have a cold and need some chicken noodle soup.

Mary Helen in Arizona

Polly Esther wrote:
The gourmets, pretentious and down-right uppity cooks ( and many others,
I'm told ) disdain the green bean casserole. What's wrong, I wonder,
with enjoying and supporting two American companies like French's (?)
and Campbells? How about 'buy American' - with understanding to our
across the pond dear friends who should support their own homeland
companies.
One frantic year, I found myself with no green beans. I substituted
English peas and asparagus. Nobody noticed.
I thought.
Next Thanksgiving in Florida, 7 year-old Chad requested Green Bean
Casserole like Aunt Polly makes.
His mom did it wrong.
How was she to know it wasn't supposed to contain green beans?
Twenty-five years later, Chad's mom does green bean casserole without
green beans. We smile. Take some or pass it on. Personally, I have to
have it . .. with whatever's green in the pantry. Polly

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
Several years ago we were hosts to a visiting Chinese student during
Thanksgiving. She was familiar with the first Thanksgiving in the
colonies. As we were passing food around the Thanksgiving table I
explained the symbolism of each dish until I got to the Green Bean
Casserole. How does one explain how that dish is one of the "must
haves" on most family menus? Since she was a business major she
understood that the dish was promoted by companies that make the
mushroom soup and onion rings. My sons, who would never touch the
casserole, assured her that it was an essential to every holiday meal.

Susan

Old November 27th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Problem is I could probably eat a box of them! I don't do many
regular pies anymore because good pastry is just not good for you
but when I splurge I really enjoy. (I would eat those since they have
3 g's of protein ; )
Taria