anxious

Old October 3rd 03, 06:46 PM
Jacqueline Butt

good idea

Jacqueline.....4.................lol thank you

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
"Liz" wrote in message
Hi All.

I'm delurking to say another way for the excited and/or underloaded
people to make their afghan to grow more quickly would be to sign up
twice in the same month with a number after their name, such as
"Lucy1" and "Lucy2". Then Cher could allocate two partners to the
same person. hth.

Liz Hanson (returning to lurkdom, but sending thanks for the patterns)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:52:52 +0100, "Liz"
wrote:

Hi Jaqueline

a good way to make the afghan grow quicker would be to make the same 2
squares for your own as you send to your partner - that way you'll have a
permanent record of those you send out and can add them to those you
receive. I plan to do this on the months when I'm not too busy (or need

some
therapeutic knitting to do) - I can't remember now who suggested this but
it's a good idea

Liz (also a newbie)

"Cher" wrote in message
Hi Jacqueline, I cannot express enough that you are NOT to think you
interferred or that you have done something wrong, or asked something
wrong.. It was great that you did ask, how on earth would I have known
should the others have wanted more if you had not asked? So don't feel

bad
about it...hey...come on, chin up, no problemo, enjoy what you do,

and
yes
it is good, and I can quite see how you feel that you want to do more,

felt like that once....enjoy what you do, never feel you opened a can

of
worms or annoyed anyone, you certainly have not ....I call this newbie
excitement....lol

Take care.....Cher
"Jacqueline Butt" wrote in message
I'm real sorry I menationed it now, I 'm new here and I don't want

anyone
get upset or think I'm trying to change anything you have started.

Was
just
having so much fun.

Jacqueline

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
"Madelaine" wrote in message
You know another way you could finish faster is to combine a local
exchange with this. Then you could make two afghans in the time it
takes the rest of us to do one.
Madelaine

Jacqueline Butt wrote:
No, I wouldn't want to do that either, hey Cher are you out

there,
would
that be ok with you if we did this. That is anyone wanting to do

it?

Jacqueline

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
"Janise Ross" wrote in message

Jacqueline,

I had been thinking the same thing, since so many people have
already
finished their October squares (not me yet, but I'm working on

it).
But,
with the original exchange being under Cher's direction, we have

run

this

by her. I don't want to step on her toes!

Janise

"Jacqueline Butt" wrote in message

I don't know if I can wait to only do 2 squares a month.....can

we
do

this

with anyone who is willing to exchange when they have completed

their
sqauares with their partener?

Sorry to be so anxious but would love to get an alfghan done

with

squares

from all over......just can't wait that long........lol

Jacqueline

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html

---

Liz Hanson

Old October 3rd 03, 07:04 PM
Jacqueline Butt

May I ask how you join you r squares?

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Excellent suggestion - you took the words out of my mouth (grin). I did

the
exact same thing while in another exchange and have already stitched
together a small afghan, and have more squares ready to be added.

If you're interested, here is a link to a picture of that afghan, plus

feel
free to have a look at my other projects!
http://tinyurl.com/pm3b

Shelagh

Old October 3rd 03, 07:34 PM
Cher

But again that would mean that if Jacqueline did that she would get all her
squares from all of the group quicker and then not resign up again, two
months later another newbie might join, and not get the chance to partner
Jacqueline as she stopped signing in earlier as she had all the squares from
the group...so didn't bother reading the sign-ups list....if you get my
meaning....lol.

cheers.....Cher

Old October 3rd 03, 07:37 PM
Cher

To add to this, it is a good idea though...and one that could be used if
the list starts to wain or drag on too long and people get fed up with it.

Cheers.....Cher

Old October 3rd 03, 08:03 PM
Shillelagh

"Jacqueline Butt" wrote in message
May I ask how you join you r squares?

I crochet a border in black yarn - usually just sc. Then whipstitch them
together in a strip, then whipstitch the strip to the afghan. Because the
squares are not all the same size, using the black border helps me even them
up.

Shelagh

Old October 3rd 03, 08:07 PM
Shillelagh

"Cher" wrote in message
But again that would mean that if Jacqueline did that she would get all

her
squares from all of the group quicker and then not resign up again, two
months later another newbie might join, and not get the chance to partner
Jacqueline as she stopped signing in earlier as she had all the squares

from
the group...so didn't bother reading the sign-ups list....if you get my
meaning....lol.

cheers.....Cher

But, but, Cher...... I've done the duplicates many times, and even though
I didn't participate last round, I'm here, aren't I (smile)? I've been
collecting squares for a long time.... and the thing is, if Jaqueline is in
a hurry, she'll have it done long before the rest of us anyway, and may want
to use more squares for a vest, another blanket, or whatever. It will all
work out.

Shelagh

Old October 3rd 03, 08:44 PM
Liz

Sorry, I didn't think that this would make people finish quicker and drop
out of the list too quickly. I'd like to make my squares into lapghans and
give them to the hospital, so this is something I can do more or less
indefinitely!

Liz

Old October 3rd 03, 09:37 PM
Cher

See what you mean, so she could just put an ordinary shout out then for
anyone to come forward and swap with her anytime she wants...prob solved...I
think...lol. If anyone does that, don't call it 6x6 or I shall be reading
all them as well when I won't need to...g

Cheers.....Cher

Old October 3rd 03, 10:30 PM
spampot

Me too. I also love the flecked afghan; how did you achieve that effect??

Liz wrote:
Shelagh thank you for these lovely pictures! I have really fallen in love
with that light green sweater of yours, it is just the sort of pattern I
love with the cables and lace! Beautiful work

Liz

Jacqueline Butt wrote:

No, I wouldn't want to do that either, hey Cher are you out

there,

would

that be ok with you if we did this. That is anyone wanting to

do

it?

Jacqueline

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
m...

Old October 3rd 03, 10:57 PM
Aud

Oh NO Liz!!
NO lurkdom now!
I'l make caffee or tea, what do you like,
do NOT "slip away" now ;-))))
AUD :-))
--

"Liz" skrev i melding