A different kind of Thanksgiving

Old November 25th 04, 05:49 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Default A different kind of Thanksgiving

Hi all:
I just thought I'd share with you my reason for being very thankful on our
American friends' Thanksgiving day. Yesterday afternoon, my baby (yes,
she's almost 15 - but will always be my baby!) did something only a teenager
will do: she saw her friends across the street (downtown!), said 'bye Mom'
and dashed across the street. She didn't make it. Almost at the other side
she was struck by a car and tossed like a ragdoll to the pavement.
Here is the incredible part: she got up and bounced over to her friends on
the sidewalk! Witnessing the accident, I thought I had lost my daughter -
as did all the other witnesses. I am so thankful that God was watching over
her! Katherine insisted she was fine and did not want a big fuss made, so I
let her go off with her friends. Then, I went to my van and drove around
the block - stopped and made her get in. I drove her straight to the doctor
who gave her a very thorough check over and pronounced her a very lucky
girl. Bumps and bruises but no other injuries! I phoned the poor lady that
struck her and assured her that my daughter was okay - and thanked her
profusely for being the first in line from the lights as so many people
think that the change of lights is the start of a race. I also stressed to
the poor woman that the accident was 100% my daughter's fault because I knew
the guilt that she must be feeling.
Hug your children, all, and be thankful. But for the grace of God, I could
have been grieving the loss of my precious child. She's okay, but I'm still
shaking! The sound of the impact gave me nightmares all last night....
Cynthia

Old November 25th 04, 07:34 PM
Deekoko

Thank God, that God was with you yesterday. Shows you that he truly cares for
all of us.
Old November 25th 04, 09:20 PM
Barbara Raper

Giving Thanks that you still have your daughter!
Barbara in FL

Old November 25th 04, 10:08 PM
Karen Maslowski

Good heavens, Cynthia. I bet you DID have nightmares! Thank goodness she
had nothing worse than a few bruises; I hope she knows how very lucky
she is. Kids think they're indestructible, but we adults know how
fragile life really is.

I'm thankful for all my online sewing friends; we may not always agree
on every little thing, but it's great to have someplace to talk sewing!

Karen Maslowski in Ohio, finished with the 9-hour cooking marathon and
4-hour dinner hostessing. Ready for a nap!

Old November 25th 04, 11:34 PM
Kate Dicey

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:

[...]

Good grief! Sheesh, the luck of the girl! Well, give her a hug from me
too, and take one yourself, and try to relax.. What they put us through...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 26th 04, 02:13 AM
Joy Hardie

I just can't even immagine! I was shaking just reading it. I
reflected on the time I turned my back for just a second and my
daughter (then only 2 1/2 ) dissappeared! I was shaking so much I
couldn't even dial 911. Nearly 2 hours later she was found curled up
asleep behind the back row of seats in the van.
I wish kids would realize how big scary and dangerous the world
is...and save us a lettle worry.
I am so thankful for you and your daughter.
Joy

Old November 26th 04, 07:47 PM
nana2b

You have a very dedicated Guardian Angel watching over you and your family!
Linda in Tx

Old November 26th 04, 09:04 PM
Juno

"nana2b" wrote in message
You have a very dedicated Guardian Angel watching over you and your

family!
Linda in Tx

And my thanks for you and your family as well.
Juno

Old November 26th 04, 09:51 PM
Pogonip

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:

Hug your children, all, and be thankful. But for the grace of God, I could
have been grieving the loss of my precious child. She's okay, but I'm still
shaking! The sound of the impact gave me nightmares all last night....
Cynthia

Bless your heart. Raising children gives us grey hair.
What is that saying, "Insanity is hereditary, you get it
from your children."
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/