Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ agymdovo

Old November 8th 04, 06:42 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

"Sarge" wrote in message
snip
Don't kid yourself it is your business. 80% of your trade is with your
southern neighbors. You probably work for an American company directly or
indirectly. Therefore you are contributing to their bottom line.
Too bad you have no say in who gets elected. Seems unfair doesn't it?

Actually, Sarge, it is 85% of our foreign trade (not all trade - just
foreign) is to the United States. I never thought I'd be saying this, but
Bush is actually better in that regard even though I think that he is a
complete buffoon. You see, in listening to Kerry, I think that the
alternative would have been increased protectionism and therefor a complete
disregard for free trade - which already is far from free! In addition,
Kerry's touted answer to the whole mess of Iraq was to 'make us' support the
effort so that it could be finished sooner. No thanks! We said no the
first go around and don't appreciate being bullied. We will keep our
efforts to making quilts and bandages for civilian relief, thank you.
Cynthia

Old November 8th 04, 07:08 PM
R-D-C

Hey, don't have a pick at your cousins across the pond!

We didn't want to join the war, only Bush's poodle Phoney Tony did.

"Cynthia Spilsted" wrote in message

"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:23:08 -0800, "Max Penn"
wrote:

Yes, but if you drink, don't quilt. Alcohol and thread don't mix.

You've never heard of a crazy quilt?

As for politics, I don't know who said it but my favorite election
quote is (paraphrased): "The people will vote for the candidate they
deserve." I think we can all agree that's universally true of all
elections.

JA

Love that one!
Besides, who are we to judge? If we decry Americans for their political
choices aren't we guilty of the same spirit of interference as we accuse
them of having? Really now, I don't have to like who was elected south of
the border. I am Canadian and it's really none of my business. Of
course,
when elected (or otherwise) American officials and politicians try telling
Canadians what we should and shouldn't do is when I can and do get hot and
bothered. Unlike our 'cousins' across the pond, we told Bush et al to go
stuff himself when he demanded we join his coalition in Iraq. Canadians
pride ourselves on peacekeeping.....
Cynthia

Old November 9th 04, 12:45 AM
Kira Dirlik

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:12:22 -0500, John A.
As for politics, I don't know who said it but my favorite election
quote is (paraphrased): "The people will vote for the candidate they
deserve." I think we can all agree that's universally true of all
elections.
JA

We 49% have been saying that, but where does that leave us.... the
huge minority? We were born here in the USA (or immigrated), but
this is so polarized that we are basically in limbo, now without a
country.
Firstly, in this country, it would take a really, really bizarre
person to even WANT to run... what with the lies, slander, incredible
crap heaped upon them, in the few past decades of elections, by some
really EVIL characters like Karl Rove (who is "Bush's Brain").
There is a pervasive atmosphere here now of greed and plunder
(even on the borders of my own home). Yet I count my blessings... I
may only lose my well water from 185 new unnecessary huge homes on
very small lots sucking into it. I now think of the people, innocent
citizens of Falluja, Iraq. Our "strong, single-minded leader" has
told them to all leave because we are going to destroy their city,
since the "insurrgents" of course are all STAYING there to be bombed
to oblivion along with the homes of the citizens. Can't anyone see
something wrong with this picture?
Okay. Off the soapbox. Off to the Kleenex box!
Kira
Old November 9th 04, 01:11 AM
Bronwyn Ferrier Ms

Same goes here for Australia as for UK - the 'rank and file' didn't
vote to go to war, John Howard PM did and we weren't happy. Yes, we
have just voted him back for another 4 years, but there were alot of
other considerations, economy, lack of suitable opposition etc.
Cheers
Bron
Australia

[snip]

Old November 9th 04, 02:05 AM
DianaC

wrote in message
You blithering idiots! You re-elected that imbecile George Bush as your
President.
He's a complete moron and so are most of you!
-
Don't you care what the rest of the world thinks of you? Don't you care
what impact
American foreign policy has on the rest of the planet? Does Iraq look
like a success
to anyone? Doesn't it bother you that he's alienated every friend you
have?
What were you thinking???
-
Prior to this, it was American policy and the American government that was
so universally
hated around the world. Now it's going to be 'Americans' we hate. More
sympathy
for Bin Laden... More attacks on American institutions... More isolation.
How blind
can you dumb rednecks in middle-America be, not to see this?
-
If you get hit again, or your economy goes into a deep depression, the
American
people will be getting exactly what they deserve!
-
back turned

I personally would like to know how this blithering idiot got this thing
posted on EVERY single usenet group I've come across, INCLUDING some very
closely monitored ones that wouldn't have allowed it anywhere near the
group!

Old November 9th 04, 07:18 AM
Scare Crowe

Lest you forget, who came to the aid of our "cousins across the sea"
during WW11. Don't hear you speaking German.

Old November 9th 04, 08:18 AM

DianaC wrote:

I personally would like to know how this blithering idiot got this thing
posted on EVERY single usenet group I've come across, INCLUDING some very
closely monitored ones that wouldn't have allowed it anywhere near the
group!

Easy -- the "ignore everything below this line" was stuff meant to make
it sneak quietly past spam detectors.

--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.
Old November 10th 04, 02:20 PM
Ward

"Scare Crowe" wrote in message
Lest you forget, who came to the aid of our "cousins across the sea"
during WW11. Don't hear you speaking German.

And WW1 too .....

Old November 17th 04, 06:01 PM
Elizabeth Naime

Quoth "Max Penn" on Sun, 7 Nov 2004
13:23:08 -0800,

Yes, but if you drink, don't quilt. Alcohol and thread don't mix.

I'd be more concerned about mixing alcohol and quilting needles -- not
to mention machine quilting!

Only know that there is no spork.
Old November 22nd 04, 03:24 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

It's a "troll" - posted purposely to incite all this retribution. Just some
bored little mind with more know how than sense. Best to ignore it and just
move on. You know - don't feed it & it will go away... LOL!!

--
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAP...rid=snigdibbly
~e~
"DianaC" wrote in message