Pictures up, was: Cross your fingers

Old August 14th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Default Pictures up, was: Cross your fingers

can I have you dad please?
--
Jessamy

LOL Jessamy, sometimes I'd let you have him but he'd drive you crazy after
awhile...LOL... I couldn't do that to you, my friend.;-)

Debi, that was so sweet of you, and I love purple! (Didn't realize we
were SILs, but that's okay. G)
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

LOL, Sandy, neither did I! You made that trip from Winter Haven awfully
quick then! :-)

Your cabinet is soooooo gorgeous! WOW!!! Wish I had a woodworker in
the family...... Congrats on finishing the purple quilt- it's lovely!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Thanks Leslie, it is soooo gorgeous and I love it. So much easier to get to
my sewing machine, instead of the computer desk I had been using, which was
slowly falling apart at the seams (joints?) Dad dabbles in woodworking, I
inherited the 'can't stick to anything for too long' gene, but he and I tend
to rotate through our interests, so I always come back to something I enjoy.
It also means that I never get terrific at something, but competency is okay
by me. Even a semblance of competency works.;-)

Quilt and cabinet are both beautiful.
I have lots of things around that my late Dad made. Feels great,
doesn't it? g He was a brilliant embroiderer, so I have much
inspiration from him.
Patti

It is nice to have things Dad made around. A desk, a table made from a
treadle sewing machine base... things I will never give up. Thanks Patti,
for reminding me of that.

I like that purdy poiple quilt, so if Sandy doesn't like purple, just
send the quilt to me.
Debra in VA
Should you discover she doesn't like purple, I love it!
::wiggling eyebrows::
Nancy in NS

Thanks Debra, Nancy I'll keep y'all in mind in case SIL hates it G. I
doubt she will though. And even if she did, she'd never let on.

Linda, PAT, Maryd, thanks for the compliments. And PAT, yes, I do realize
how lucky I am to have a dad to do things like this for me, or to have a dad
hanging around, period. He's a character. I always felt like I had a little
brother being around him growing up!
Thank you all for the compliments on the quilt. Clifford the Medium Red Dog
will be keeping an eye on the cabinet for me and will bark loudly if he
hears a truck backing up the driveway! (or the neighbor kids, or cats in the
bushes, or the UPS guy...)
Debi

Old August 14th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

That cabinet is wonderful! You are one lucky daughter!

Old August 14th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

If she doesn't, I do! (You knew we'd say that :-)
Is your Dad for rent? I want one of those!
Roberta in D

"Debi Matlack" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...
Here are pics of the finally finishes quilt for my SIL Sandy. I sure hope
she likes purple...;-)
And a new pic in my Quilty Things album is my early birthday present from
my dad... a sewing cabinet he made with his own two hands! It's
GORGEOUS!!! The drawers are already full and I need to get a chair for it
but I love it! Aren't dads great?!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debi_k...y_em/my_photos
Debi

Old August 14th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Chipper

That's amazing! I'm sure SIL will be tickled purple! And the cabinet is a
work of art!
chipper :O

Old August 15th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

I think I could rent Dad out for a reasonable price, though I get him back
at the end!
I handed over the quilt and pillows to MIL today when she came by my work.
I'm pretty sure Sandy will love it and, if not, Lisa, my DMIL loved it ;-)
Debi (now to get back to the kitty quilt for hubby and the wedding
quilt....)

Old August 15th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Debi! On BOTH counts!

Karen, Queen of Squishies