Link to Pati's Hoffman Challenge Quilt

Old August 14th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

Default Link to Pati's Hoffman Challenge Quilt

In article ,
Nancy in NS wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/jfoqf

This link will take you to Pati's quilt. It's beautiful and
certainly is a winner!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is the quilt Pati has been hinting at on the QD
list, and it was worth the wait to see it! Oh, Pati! What a gorgeous
work of art you've created! It's amazing! Congratulations again -- it's
obvious why this is a prize winner.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 14th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Thank you. The piecing was done by hand which is easier for some
things. Especially some of the small curved and set-in seams. G

Pati, in Phx

Mystified One wrote:

Wow! The piecing looks like a huge challenge! Well worth the honors, IMHO!

Old August 14th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Yeah, I know. LOL One of the ladies in my guild group was saying
that she is always sure that she ends up mitering at least 5 corners on
a quilt, and I deliberately did 6. It was fun, and I wanted it to be
different and distinctive. VBG

Pati, in Phx

Polly Esther wrote:

Sheesh! Most of us are upset when we end up with 5 corners. There's our
Pati winning with 6. What were the judges thinking? Just kidding, Pati, I
stand in awe. Polly

Old August 14th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Even more impressive Pati! Linda in Tx

Old August 14th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Hand work is fun. It is also very portable. remember it is one seam at a
time, and sometimes those seams are only a needle full. Some things
are much easier to be accurate with by hand, than by machine.

Pati, in Phx

Kate G. wrote:

Pati -- that is simply gorgeous! I would love to have the patience (and the skill) to do such
beautiful work by hand!

Kate in MI

Old August 14th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Again, Thanks to all of you. It is wonderful to get the feedback from
the quilters. VBG

Pati, in Phx (still glowing)

Old August 14th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tigg

Another Wow for you Pati! If you ever need a home for the quilt...I've
got one!

Hugs!
Tigg

Old August 14th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

And *I* get to say *I* know her: )
And *I* get to say *I* saw some of her other work that she brought for Drag
and Brag and also what is up at 'her' store.(in difference to 'her' LQS as
she works there)

Butterfly (think if I hug her enuf some of the talent will wear off a lil on
me?)

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
ink.net...
Again, Thanks to all of you. It is wonderful to get the feedback from the
quilters. VBG

Pati, in Phx (still glowing)