Question about fleece

Old November 22nd 04, 07:54 PM
BEIDesign

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
news:Eknod.73243$EZ.38227@okepread07...
Easy to check this out --- just hold the fabric over your face
tightly --- if you can breath easily thru it, then it is safe.

There is a huge difference between the ability of an *adult's* and
*infant's* ability to breathe (or to move away from a possible
constriction). For that reason the experts also recommend against
using pillows for small children, although they are perfectly safe
for adults.

--
Beverly
---to reply, delete no spam and .invalid---

Old November 23rd 04, 12:23 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Just passing on the advice given by a pediatrician. Always felt they had
the knowledge base to best advise on such things. What's you base?

--
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAP...rid=snigdibbly
~e~

Old November 23rd 04, 01:27 PM
handmaiden

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
Just passing on the advice given by a pediatrician. Always felt they had
the knowledge base to best advise on such things. What's you base?

Besides many parents suggesting this is a bad idea, you can add my son's
pediatrician as well as a county sponsored parenting class that I took
when my son was an infant since he was my first and I was learning
everything I could. No pillows falls into the same safety category as
the size on crib slats, no bottles in bed when they're going to sleep,
no stuffed animals in the bed, and sleeping positions.
My 2 cents worth.
~handmaiden

Old November 23rd 04, 11:18 PM
enigma

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in news:%6Hod.74046
$EZ.20318@okepread07:

... we were talking about fleece - not pillows ... ???

ok, how about my friend's 7 year old that has permanant brain
damage from getting wrapped in a fleece throw & being unable
to breathe? (she was fooling around with her friends in her
room, rolled herself up in the fleece & in rolling, got stuck
under the bed). by the time the other kids called her mom, it
was too late. it only takes 7 minutes to cause brain damage.
are you checking on your baby more frequently than that all
night long?
don't put blankets in a crib. babies are more helpless than 7
year olds.
lee
Old November 24th 04, 08:05 PM
AmazeR

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:42:25 -0600, SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

... we were talking about fleece - not pillows ... ???

Best to err on the side of caution than have a brain-damaged or dead
baby.. Many GP's are excellent but many are incompetent too! And this
from personal experience, as well as seeing the many who get struck off
the register each year. Just because you hear something who is
'qualified' doesn't mean they are God in the field...

JMHO,
Mavis

--
http://linuxathome.ath.cx/~mavis/blog/index.php

Old November 24th 04, 11:24 PM
CySew

My youngest DGD is going to be 6 next week, and her Dad(a pediatric nurse
practitioner) and her Mom(a pharmacist) has not allowed her to play with her
fleece throw an aunt gave her for that very reason. It must stay on the
couch and she can only use it when one of them is present. For the first
time ever, I've made something from fleece. It is a lap quilt backed with
fleece also for this child, and the same rule will apply to it, I know. The
top is cotton with a wild animal design, given to me by one of my friends on
alt.sewing and this group. I backed it with bright blue M M fleece and
outlined the animals in a shiny, white decorative stitching Thanks Barb,
she will love it because she loves all animals.
Emily

Old November 25th 04, 01:18 AM
Barbara Raper

You are most welcome and I'm sure the DGD appreciates that you take the
time to sew for her!
Barbara in SC & FL PM X3 OES

Old November 25th 04, 05:22 AM
AmazeR

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:05:35 +1300, AmazeR wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:42:25 -0600, SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

... we were talking about fleece - not pillows ... ???

Best to err on the side of caution than have a brain-damaged or dead
baby.. Many GP's are excellent but many are incompetent too! And this
from personal experience, as well as seeing the many who get struck off
the register each year. Just because you hear something who is
'qualified' doesn't mean they are God in the field...

JMHO,
Mavis

ahh.... that is, Just because you hear something from someone who is
'qualified' doesn't mean they know everything there is to know about the
subject... and Opinions change on what causes SIDS etc,etc any rate...

Mavis

--
http://linuxathome.ath.cx/~mavis/blog/index.php

Old November 27th 04, 10:35 AM
Pogonip

AmazeR wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:05:35 +1300, AmazeR wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:42:25 -0600, SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

... we were talking about fleece - not pillows ... ???

Best to err on the side of caution than have a brain-damaged or dead
baby.. Many GP's are excellent but many are incompetent too! And this
from personal experience, as well as seeing the many who get struck off
the register each year. Just because you hear something who is
'qualified' doesn't mean they are God in the field...

JMHO,
Mavis

ahh.... that is, Just because you hear something from someone who is
'qualified' doesn't mean they know everything there is to know about the
subject... and Opinions change on what causes SIDS etc,etc any rate...

Mavis

You mean like "eggs are bad" -- "no, eggs are not so
bad." "Butter will kill you." "Butter is safer to eat
than margarine." "Phisohex is necessary to scrub newborn
babies." "Phisohex accumulates in the liver and does
damage." "High protein diets are good." "High complex
carbohydrate diets are good." "HRT is good." "HRT is
bad." "Vioxx is wonderful." "Vioxx can kill you."
Something like that?
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/