Finding Purse Bottom Plastic

Old November 6th 04, 06:40 PM
Monica

Default Finding Purse Bottom Plastic

Does anyone know where one could find the plastic sheet stuff used commonly
in the bottom of purses? I'm also looking for a sturdier version like
what's used in BackPacks.

Thanks for any thoughts!

-Monica.

Old November 6th 04, 08:05 PM
norma woods

Monica, I don't know where you can find that, but if you can't, maybe the
plastic canvas would work for you. I've used it for stiffening in soft
purses before.

--
Star love,
Norma
ink.net...

Old November 6th 04, 09:34 PM
arlene

Monica wrote:
Does anyone know where one could find the plastic sheet stuff used commonly
in the bottom of purses? I'm also looking for a sturdier version like
what's used in BackPacks.

Thanks for any thoughts!

-Monica.

Have you tried Tap Plastic?

Arlene

Old November 8th 04, 02:21 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

If the purse is small enough, might I suggest using ice cream pail lids?
Cut the template from the lid and proceed as usual. I use them for all
kinds of 'stays' as they hold up very well - including washing and drying!
Cynthia
ink.net...

Old November 8th 04, 03:14 AM
Trish Brown

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
If the purse is small enough, might I suggest using ice cream pail lids?
Cut the template from the lid and proceed as usual. I use them for all
kinds of 'stays' as they hold up very well - including washing and drying!
Cynthia
"Monica" wrote in message
ink.net...

Does anyone know where one could find the plastic sheet stuff used

commonly

in the bottom of purses? I'm also looking for a sturdier version like
what's used in BackPacks.

Thanks for any thoughts!

-Monica.

Or you could use the stiff plastic used in office folders and binders.
I've used it to great effect in a number of 'stiffening' situations. I
paint it all over with PVA glue and then cover it with fabric. It makes
a great rigid stiffener and is OK to wash gently if you need to.

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old November 26th 04, 09:26 PM
Monica

I looked up Tap Plastic on Yahoo and found www.tapplastics.com and they have
plastic sheets that look just right. Thanks for the suggestion!!

-Monica.

"arlene" wrote in message

Have you tried Tap Plastic?

Arlene