Tiny dolls' clothes

Old August 31st 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Default Tiny dolls' clothes

that should read...''ShaRp right hander bend'' fourth line down second word
in..C

"Y?" wrote in message
. uk...
Take the Westbury road out to Warminster, and as you approach the traffic
lights there is the old back road to Warminster off to your left, take
that and as you eventually come back into the built up area and the
30zone, note the shape right hander bend, to go down into the town, take
the turning (2nd) off of that bend to your left, up over a tiny incline
across a mini roundabout, and it is just along there on your right, set
back, used to be a green grocers at one time... if you get to the second
mini roundabout with the army barracks off to your left and opposite you,
then you've gone too far.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
I think you'll find that the blue covered paperback which I have, and the
hard back are exactly the same....you may not be able to get the knitting
needles for some of the knitted items but two long darning needles will
do.I used this idea very successfully for a long while until I bought
some proper ones. I think the DH shop in warminster stocks these needles
too.

Cher

I ordered a second hand book, the condition isn't relevant - in fact I'd
like to think that the books I've bought new will one day be enjoyed by
someone else :-)

Getting needles is no problem at all - Spouse makes them :-)

If you mean Warminster in Wilts, I went through there on Saturday but we
didn't stop - I was on the back of son's big motorbike :-) I live in
Yorkshire. What's the DH shop?

Mary

Old September 1st 07, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:34:32 GMT, "Laura J" wrote:

"B Vaughan" wrote in message
.. .

That's funny. I'm always looking for thin faceclothes, which are not
sold much any more. I hate the thick ones. Maybe we should do an
exchange!

Barbara, try looking for baby facecloths. You can get packs of 8 or 10 for
very little money at places like Target, Babies R Us, etc.

I know, I've tried those, but I like the roughness of adult terry with
the thinness of baby cloths. I'm now using some very cheap facecloths
that I got in a dollar shop about 15 years ago. They were thin to
start and by now are extremely thin. I'm going to have to replace them
soon. I have a few handknit cloths, but they are also too thick. I
think I'll look for cheap terry in a fabric shop and make some for
myself.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old September 1st 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
. uk...
Take the Westbury road out to Warminster, and as you approach the traffic
lights there is the old back road to Warminster off to your left, take
that and as you eventually come back into the built up area and the
30zone, note the shape right hander bend, to go down into the town, take
the turning (2nd) off of that bend to your left, up over a tiny incline
across a mini roundabout, and it is just along there on your right, set
back, used to be a green grocers at one time... if you get to the second
mini roundabout with the army barracks off to your left and opposite you,
then you've gone too far.

Well, thanks - but what IS the DH shop? Am I misunderstanding something - i
mean, is it something obvious?

:-)

Mary

Old September 1st 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
. uk...
D.H. means Dolls House...didn't mean to confuse...C

AH! Of course - sorry to be so thick! Doh :-(

We were taken to the place Robyn likes, it's part of a large complex of
'craft' shops, garden centre, a butterfly enclosure and play parks. Can't
remember where, geograhically. We were disappointed though. I hope it's not
the one you mean ...

Mary

Old September 1st 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Sounds like you went to Longleat, I think as I can't think where else around
here has a butterfly enclosure. Not many know of the shop I'm speaking of,
it's a tiny little shop that was open last time I passed by about a
fortnight ago.. Sells Dolls houses and the special thin knitting yarn a few
patterns but you can use fine 2ply and 2ply, or even darning wool for
anything remotely connected with 12th scale. Get a supply of fimo in too,
as this makes the little hot water bottles you can knit covers for, as well
as other things, like flowers for window sills etc

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

. uk...

Old September 1st 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
. uk...
Sounds like you went to Longleat,

No ... definitely not Longleat. We went there last September for the Red
Bull Air races. They were cancelled :-( Still, we enjoyed our picnic under
umbrellas :-)

I think as I can't think where else around here has a butterfly enclosure.

I've just remembered - Studley Grange, Swindon.

I can't recommend it - but that's just me!

Not many know of the shop I'm speaking of, it's a tiny little shop that
was open last time I passed by about a fortnight ago.. Sells Dolls houses
and the special thin knitting yarn a few patterns but you can use fine
2ply and 2ply, or even darning wool for anything remotely connected with
12th scale. Get a supply of fimo in too, as this makes the little hot
water bottles you can knit covers for, as well as other things, like
flowers for window sills etc

Yes, I'd never thought of that but the Education Officer of Chippenham
Museum called in to see us and said that someone she knew made exquisit
items for her doll's house in Fimo. Spouse loves modelling so I suspect that
he'll be doing it :-) I'd already thought about splitting my two ply wool
too :-)

Next time we go to Nathan's I'll make a point of going to 'your' shop - and
I'll tell Robyn about it in the meantime.

Mary

Old September 1st 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Default Thin facecloths was Tiny dolls' clothes

Barbara, I recently bought a pack of inexpensive "kitchen utility cloths"
made of thin terry at Wal-Mart to use as dishrags. But they certainly could
be used as facecloths. So you might want to check the kitchen towel area of
stores if you haven't already.

--
Jan in MN

"B Vaughan" wrote ...

Old September 2nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 21:53:49 GMT, "Jan" wrote:

Barbara, I recently bought a pack of inexpensive "kitchen utility cloths"
made of thin terry at Wal-Mart to use as dishrags. But they certainly could
be used as facecloths. So you might want to check the kitchen towel area of
stores if you haven't already.

Thanks, I'll try to do that the next time I'm in the US. I've never
seen terry kitchen cloths in Italy.

Old September 2nd 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Oh well I rarely go to Swindon, I don't much like the place, if I go to a
bigger town then I go to Bath.

I'll be going past the dolls house this week I'll make a note to make sure
it is still going, and to find out the name and/or tel number of it if that
is of help

cher