New member

Old April 3rd 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default New member

Hi -- I just re-discovered this group..I've been knitting more years
than I can remember. I like projects that get finished fast (I have no
patience for sleeves!) so now I doing lots of felted handbags -- all my
own designs. (Ang this gives me plenty of reasons to add to my
stash!)

Holly

Old April 3rd 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

OOOOh -- do you have pictures on the web that you could share a link
to???? I have made only two small felted handbags and they were such
fun. I figure that they should lend themselves fairly easily to using
up wool stash and playing with color and pattern but haven't been brave
enough yet. (I have to work at the felting though since I have a low
water use front loading washing machine)
Welcome to the group - we are an international family of knitters and
crocheters - both male and female and all ages etc. We love to hear
about each others work, so dive in and participate.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Holly!
I remember you!
Noreen
and...

!

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
oups.com...

Old April 3rd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

felted-bag wrote:
Hi -- I just re-discovered this group..I've been knitting more years
than I can remember. I like projects that get finished fast (I have
no patience for sleeves!) so now I doing lots of felted handbags --
all my own designs. (Ang this gives me plenty of reasons to add to
my stash!)

Welcome back, Holly. Do you *really* need to justify adding to your stash?

TTFN
Katherine

Old April 3rd 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

felted-bag wrote:
Hi -- I just re-discovered this group..I've been knitting more years
than I can remember. I like projects that get finished fast (I have no
patience for sleeves!) so now I doing lots of felted handbags -- all my
own designs. (Ang this gives me plenty of reasons to add to my
stash!)

Holly

Welcom back Holly,

I remember you also.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old April 3rd 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Welcome back Holly.

Darlene in Toronto

Old April 4th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi, Holly! I'm new here since you were here before, but wanted to
welcome you back anyhow!

Eve )

PS - Would love to see pics (as JCT asked) if you're able to show us.

Old April 4th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks for the "welcome backs" -- felting is a great way to use up
small amounts of yarn -- just be sure that you make a swatch first!
(dontcha hate that!) I just finished a small pouch size bag using yarn
from Lisa Souza Dyeworks and I'm starting on a new design for a bag
that's more of a small tote out of some Lopi Letti I found on sale at
the Beehive Yarn Shop in Victoria, BC. I also have a hooded scraf on
the needles -- but that's slow going. It's out of a fine alpaca
(little needles) and I seem to only work on it on road trips. My goal
is to finish it by November! And I have lots of UF sweaters -- we
won't go there!
Is it politcally correct to tell you that you can see photos of my bags
on my website at www.felted-bags.com? I started selling my patterns
after I my house was filling up with bags and some friends wanted to
sell the patterns in their booths at Stitches. One thing led to
another. And now I have even more bags filling the house because I
make two samples for every design and then have test knitter make a
sample...lots of Christmas presents.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Holly

Old April 4th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Yes, dear Holly, it's perfectly PC to tell us about your blog and patterns
and such!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
oups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"felted-bag" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is it politcally correct to tell you that you can see photos of my bags
on my website at www.felted-bags.com?

Holly, I went to your site for a quick look, and have saved it for more
looks later (smile). I also love making felted bags, so have an
appreciation for your designs. They are incredible! Good luck and I hope
you sell lots!

Shelagh

new family member Marigold Quilting 7 October 22nd 04 06:11 PM
RCB Member Links page update Valerie Beads 1 May 3rd 04 03:12 AM
I recieved this question from a new member Queen of Squishies Quilting 15 January 24th 04 01:42 PM