Let there be light!!

Old January 14th 04, 09:10 PM
Christina Peterson

Default Let there be light!!

Pete just installed a light above my desk. He tells me it's 100 watts. Of
course that's a unit of electricity, rather than of light. This is a
professional nursery light used to simulate daylight, and what a
difference!! I'm seeing it most with my beading. I can identify colors of
glass and metal better, and even find the black holes in the black onyx
beads. And I have some Alexandite glass that's blue in natural light, and
purple in
"indoor light". Blue under this light. Oh goody.

Tina

Old January 14th 04, 09:57 PM
Harry

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:10:35 GMT, "Christina Peterson" wrote:

Pete just installed a light above my desk. He tells me it's 100 watts. Of
course that's a unit of electricity, rather than of light. This is a
professional nursery light used to simulate daylight, and what a
difference!! I'm seeing it most with my beading. I can identify colors of
glass and metal better, and even find the black holes in the black onyx
beads. And I have some Alexandite glass that's blue in natural light, and
purple in
"indoor light". Blue under this light. Oh goody.

Tina

I was wondering where the light at the end of the tunnel went to.
It's at your desk! lol Just kidding. I am in the process of changing
all my lights to Reveals?

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old January 14th 04, 10:52 PM
Mj

http://www.northernlighttechnologies.com/index.html

I couldn't get through a dark, dank Northwest winter without my light box.
Well worth the investment I made two years ago.

Mj
--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old January 14th 04, 11:51 PM
Diana Curtis

Whoohoooo, let there be light!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 15th 04, 01:13 AM
Dr. Sooz

I am in the process of changing
all my lights to Reveals

Harry, I've been doing that this year myself. It's so great! I found one
hardware store where they were on huge sale -- the guy said no one buys them.
I think that's crazy -- but I bought a whole basket full of Reveals at a very
good price.
:-)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 15th 04, 01:22 AM
Harry

On 15 Jan 2004 01:13:19 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz) wrote:

I am in the process of changing
all my lights to Reveals

Harry, I've been doing that this year myself. It's so great! I found one
hardware store where they were on huge sale -- the guy said no one buys them.
I think that's crazy -- but I bought a whole basket full of Reveals at a very
good price.
:-)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

I paid quite a bit for mine and I think that's why no one buys them
They are pretty costly, compared to others lights. If I find them on
sale I will stock up. I have several changed and it is amazing at the
difference. My walls look white again instead of that dull yellow you
get from incandence light. I know I spelled that wrong. lol

Old January 15th 04, 04:18 AM
MargieK

wrote:

Pete just installed a light above my desk. He tells me it's 100 watts. Of
course that's a unit of electricity, rather than of light. This is a
professional nursery light used to simulate daylight, and what a
difference!! I'm seeing it most with my beading. I can identify colors of
glass and metal better, and even find the black holes in the black onyx
beads. And I have some Alexandite glass that's blue in natural light, and
purple in
"indoor light". Blue under this light. Oh goody.

I have three light sources where I work and I still feel like it's not
enough. Never thought of using a nursery light, good idea. Just
might have to give one of those a try.

Now what are you going about that glass?

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 16th 04, 06:17 AM
Kalera Stratton

I just got some special, fancy 5100K (that's the "color rating", not the
price!) "daylight" bulbs to take photos by, and what a difference! Wow!

-Kalera

Old January 16th 04, 09:15 AM
Christina Peterson

I don't know what the bulb it, but it has 5 loops of glass, each of which
(doubled) is about a foot. That's probably why there doesn't seem to be
much shadow. I'm trying to get another dozen pieces done for Anchorage, so
I haven't experimented much with photography yet. Actually I'm hoping Pete
will do the photography for me. The bulb pulls the same 100W as my regular
light but produces 250's worth, I'd guess. The damn bulb cost more than an
Ott light. The speed of my work has increased, with it, too.

Tina

Old January 16th 04, 10:01 PM
Kalera Stratton

If you ever need more fancy bulbs, I found that
http://www.buylighting.com has an amazing selection, and their prices
seem good too.

Mj wrote:

http://www.northernlighttechnologies.com/index.html

I couldn't get through a dark, dank Northwest winter without my light

box.

Well worth the investment I made two years ago.

Mj

--
ÐÏࡱá

David Keys Speaks on "Stones For Sacred Healing" - The Isle Of Light Internet Radio Show cap22 Beads 0 December 30th 03 04:11 AM
Digital Camera Advice Gennie Beads 8 October 19th 03 08:07 PM
AD: A new lampwork set in a new color combo! Kandice Seeber Beads 33 September 6th 03 07:06 AM
Light bulb moments Karlee in Kansas Beads 3 July 15th 03 12:40 AM