Quilter's Tribute to 9/11--PBS

Old September 11th 04, 03:09 PM
Donna

Default Quilter's Tribute to 9/11--PBS

Hi All, I'm watching the PBS program "A Quilter's Tribute". Boy is it
touching! They are reading the names at the same time they are showing the
quilts that were in the AQS exhibit in Paducah. There are some beautiful
quilts!!
Donna

Old September 11th 04, 11:04 PM
Rita

Which quilts did they show? I have one travelling with the AQS. It can be
seen on my website below my siggie

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old September 11th 04, 11:50 PM
Louise

Yours was on the show, Rita! I missed the first couple (I thought Sewing
With Nancy was going to be on, but the music I was hearing just didn't fit
with the show so I thought I should check to see what was going on), but
then yours was about the third or fourth one after that I think. Even though
I'd seen it before on your Web site, it was really impressive to see it on
the big screen. Congratulations again for a job well done.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

. ..

Old September 12th 04, 12:55 AM
AliceW

My husband and I were able to see the "United in Memory" memorial quilt that
has a block for every victim of 911. It was on display for 3 days at our
local community college last weekend. No charge to get in either, although
donations were welcomed. There are over 100 panels each with 25 blocks,
each one dedicated to someone who perished that day. A few were for couples
who perished; there were also several grouping for entire families. It was
very emotional to see. I contributed a block for a victim that died in the
WTC. He lived in the next town over from me. My husband knew I was working
on a block but had no idea the enormity of the project or the emotional
impact it would have on him. His son just started boot camp in the Marines
two weeks ago, so it hit him harder than he expected. We tried to read as
many of the blocks as we could. It was very moving, very somber and very
comforting all at the same time.

The quilt will be coming to NY soon. If you get a chance to see it, don't
miss it. There are boxes of tissues at the end of each row of panels. Take
a few, you'll need them.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Rita" wrote in message
. ..
: Which quilts did they show? I have one travelling with the AQS. It can be
: seen on my website below my siggie
:
: --
: Rita
: http://ritasquilts.com
: ...

Old September 12th 04, 01:56 AM
Donna

Hi Rita,
Yes, yours was one of the ones that they showed. It is looks great on your
website but is even more impressive on the big screen!! Thanks for a job
well done!!!
Donna

Old September 12th 04, 11:49 AM
Debbi

Alice,

I too did a block for the "United in Memory" quilt. I had planned to help
quilt it, but had broken my finger the day before I was planning to go to
Long Beach. Saw the quilt the first weekend it was on display. Went up to
the Queen Mary, and boy did that make an impact on me. You hear about the
number of almost 3,000, but until you see the blocks that were made for each
person, the number is huge, but almost unimaginable, the quilt put it in
real perspective for me, especially the panels that had the blocks for an
entire family put together as a group.

Whenever it gets back here again, I want to go again. Everyone should try to
see it when it comes to town.

Debbi in SO CA

"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

"Rita" wrote in message
. ..
: Which quilts did they show? I have one travelling with the AQS. It can

be
: seen on my website below my siggie
:
: --
: Rita
: http://ritasquilts.com
: ...

Old September 12th 04, 12:42 PM
Rita

Thanks Louise. I'm disappointed I missed it. Power keeps going on off at
intervals and didn't get a TV guide this past week. Nuts!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com
"Louise" wrote in message
Yours was on the show, Rita! I missed the first couple (I thought Sewing
With Nancy was going to be on, but the music I was hearing just didn't fit
with the show so I thought I should check to see what was going on), but
then yours was about the third or fourth one after that I think. Even

though
I'd seen it before on your Web site, it was really impressive to see it on
the big screen. Congratulations again for a job well done.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

. ..

Old September 12th 04, 12:43 PM
Rita

I still get teary over these quilts

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com
"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

"Rita" wrote in message
. ..
: Which quilts did they show? I have one travelling with the AQS. It can

be
: seen on my website below my siggie
:
: --